Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why DOESN'T HAYMON Approach NETFLIX PBC Co-OP!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
    lol that doesnt mean anything.

how many watch netflix afer 6pm
    out of those
    how many watch sports on netflix
    out of those
    how many even watched a boxing related show?

those numbers start to get slim very fast.

its called targeted marketing and believe me they will be looking at those numebrs if the thought of boxing on netflix ever came up and those numbers will be looked at then the idea will be gone just as fast.
    There’s a paradox with 4K marketing. Compression rates are getting better and various new laptops and new tablets will provide 4K resolutions as well as phones. Of course at these scales 4K and FHD are relatively the same in quality at small screens, but it’s all marketing gimmicks and sports enthusiasts will buy into it.

For example CBS Sports or PBC have really good measures to take off illegal content from YouTube. Netflix could be a winner to have some fights on there that you can’t find.

Deontay Wilder is a sensation with his KOs to even casual watchers. I’d put some of Wilders fights there along with productions. The sports industry is severely lazy with production stories. At this rate you are more likely to see fanmade channels doing better edits than the networks themselves. We complain about PPV sales or boxing declining well no shįt most of the promotional companies need to hire new people for their companies as well as better consultants within the network itself.

Streaming is the future. Tablets, phones, computers are getting faster that bandwidth isn’t a problem. How does it cost for HBO to make a Golovkin production vs a fanmade one on YouTube done really well?

The networks exploit this

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
      tablets, cell phones, the ease, the demand, the convenience! of course there's much more content on Showtime and HBO, but NetFLIX has and is still growing at an incredible raate they should test the waters with combat sports.

NetFlix reruns of PBC fights of the current back catalog should be enough. Haymon gotta be a gee like George Lucas and just own the rights to his art so he can do as he pleases

of course there's a conflict of interest with CBS Sports and Showtime...

still, NETFLIX is the way, it's brand name alone is better than ''AMAZON'' unless of course new rebranding for subsidiaries come about.

NETFLIX has the marketing tools, better infrastructure, to build American stars!

NETFLIX PPV for the world!!
      netflix has NO live channels.........it's not what they do

Comment

There’s a paradox with 4K marketing. Compression rates are getting better and various new laptops and new tablets will provide 4K resolutions as well as phones. Of course at these scales 4K and FHD are relatively the same in quality at small screens, but it’s all marketing gimmicks and sports enthusiasts will buy into it.

For example CBS Sports or PBC have really good measures to take off illegal content from YouTube. Netflix could be a winner to have some fights on there that you can’t find.

Deontay Wilder is a sensation with his KOs to even casual watchers. I’d put some of Wilders fights there along with productions. The sports industry is severely lazy with production stories. At this rate you are more likely to see fanmade channels doing better edits than the networks themselves. We complain about PPV sales or boxing declining well no shįt most of the promotional companies need to hire new people for their companies as well as better consultants within the network itself.

Streaming is the future. Tablets, phones, computers are getting faster that bandwidth isn’t a problem. How does it cost for HBO to make a Golovkin production vs a fanmade one on YouTube done really well?

The networks exploit this
        you are only seeing it from pbc point of view.

Why would netflix want to?

the cost to acquire the rights to have the fights = will be the cost of customer acquisition.

Now to even break even for netflix, given they are probably paying 1 million for the rights (this is a lowball numbers just to prove a point) they will need "boxing" content drive them 90,909 new customers JUST TO BREAK EVEN!

lol 96k barely paid to watch GGG fight lmfao.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          netflix has NO live channels.........it's not what they do
          Back catalogue is not a live thing. We are talking on demand replays correct?

Comment

Back catalogue is not a live thing. We are talking on demand replays correct?
            hmm interesting..not sure if replays hold as much value

i mean i can get most replays in hd on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              you are only seeing it from pbc point of view.

Why would netflix want to?

the cost to acquire the rights to have the fights = will be the cost of customer acquisition.

Now to even break even for netflix, given they are probably paying 1 million for the rights (this is a lowball numbers just to prove a point) they will need "boxing" content drive them 90,909 new customers JUST TO BREAK EVEN!

lol 96k barely paid to watch GGG fight lmfao.
              Cmon bro. I don’t think you realize how big NetFlix has grown exponentially and keeps growing. Boxing is niche compared to the main themes sports.

The real answer is when Netflix will open on demand sports. It’s not that they can’t do it technically, it has to do with legal rights that networks already have. For instance, doesn’t FLOYd have rights to his fights? Floyd is an American icon. If they produced a reality show for Floyd, as they did an original with Gaga, I’m sure Haymon could convince Netflix to pay Floyd for some replay.

It has to be a new concept to overcome legal rights and conflicts of interest for Haymon’s projects

Comment

hmm interesting..not sure if replays hold as much value

i mean i can get most replays in hd on youtube
                Which PBC fights? YouTube is too saturated with inconsistent channels it’s not pure. It’s rare to find Wilder fights here in Turkey, assuming they are only blocked here. Again, CBS Sports reserves the right. If only CBS Sports and Netflix did a partnership then Showtime could provide a back catalog of epic fights not necessarily pertaining to PBC. Such a success and consulting would gain trust working with Haymon Sports for future developments.

Comment

Which PBC fights? YouTube is too saturated with inconsistent channels it’s not pure. It’s rare to find Wilder fights here in Turkey, assuming they are only blocked here. Again, CBS Sports reserves the right. If only CBS Sports and Netflix did a partnership then Showtime could provide a back catalog of epic fights not necessarily pertaining to PBC. Such a success and consulting would gain trust working with Haymon Sports for future developments.
                  if you know how to useyoutube, you can find all the pbc replays in hd

Comment

if you know how to useyoutube, you can find all the pbc replays in hd
                    REally, send me the links to Wilder vs Stiverne 1 & 2 vía pm. I’d appreciate it

Comment

The return on investment is just not there plus having footage remain rare is how you make DVD sales for the purists. Haymon would be better served going on Youtube and using an ad based revenue share where they get the bulk of the money and Youtube gets a cut for use of their infrastructure. I mean realistically out of the thousands of boxing fans here how often do you think the average fan is going to spend watching old footage? I pay for a UK service in the states where I get boxnation to watch old fights but not every fight fan is going that far to enjoy old glory.

Comment

Working...
                      X