Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its embarrassing for Nelo to pretend to want to fight Kova then not make real offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    Well if they don't accept a career high purse for a Canelo fight then that just means someone else will get lucky and get the pay day.
    That simple. Canelo has no shortage of opponents so who really misses out???
    I understand. Nelo Runs Thisss. But that’s why most of the top guys and their promoters collude in a way to drive their purses up against the champs/stars. Boxing is all about precedent. What if they fight and it’s a big success revenue wise? And Kovalevs cut ends up looking real small? That doesn’t look good for his manager or promoter. It takes two to tango. In the end they will try and generate the most money even if that means paying the highest priced opponent. Course there’s risk factor too. A career high purse could mean a dollar more. Most name fighters make 2x 3x 4x 5x 6x plus to fight the top guy. U need to fight names to keep the fans happy. Floyd offered manny a career high to fight flate rate, why didn’t he take it? Fight ended up huge, made way more. How did Connor make 70mil? Just cause ur earning a career pay check doesn’t mean ur not getting ripped off or could have made more. There’s a perceived pot. It’s all about the cut. This is why fights are so hard to make.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Are you a liar or just ignorant?

"Kovalev knows there is more money in him fighting Canelo and we know there is more money for Yarde in facing the winner of that fight. So it all makes sense from a financial point of view. It’s a business, we have to make some of these big fights happen."

https://www.boxingscene.com/warren-i...-aside--140597
      1st round KO

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        I'm never good with mismatches. They really serve no purpose other than giving that underdog a pay day. Which is good for him. Not so much for us fans.

Under dogs pulling an ''Andy Ruiz'' is very rare and should not be expected.

If a champ wants to stay active, pick a live body. They are out there.

One should never stop chasing greatness.

A 3rd fight is entirely unnecessary. Nelo out boxed him and out Mexican'd him. Plus there's no glory in beating up the elderly.
        I have to agree with on this man. You are right, Canelo is good, but fighting cheap matchups like Smith, Fielding, Khan etc don't prove much. Also, fighting big named out of prime fighters like Mosley, Cotto and GGG doesn't do much either. If a trilogy were to happen, old GGG would really get smashed

Comment

Originally posted by RENE BOX YOUNG View Post
          I have to agree with on this man. You are right, Canelo is good, but fighting cheap matchups like Smith, Fielding, Khan etc don't prove much. Also, fighting big named out of prime fighters like Mosley, Cotto and GGG doesn't do much either. If a trilogy were to happen, old GGG would really get smashed
          I'm hoping Nelo's contract demands he up's his lever of competition each fight.

NO ROLLS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Canelo and Kovalev (title has character limit).

If you don't want the fight, that's fine, but don't front. It's embarrassing. The only offer Canelo made, Kovalev would make less money to fight Canelo than Yarde, after the step aside $ to Yarde. It's ridiculous. Since when is a mandatory fight in Russia worth more than a Vegas megafight on Mexican holday vs the redhypded Mexican cashclencow?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
              I'm hoping Nelo's contract demands he up's his lever of competition each fight.

NO ROLLS !!!
              Exactly man, you know, I don't see Canelo fighting prime-champ names. I humbly think he will continue maneuvering his way on towards cheap, easy fights until his contract is up and then retire. But who knows, maybe pressure and demand will build up too much where he will have to fight the best. I kind of doubt it though.

Comment

Originally posted by RENE BOX YOUNG View Post
                Exactly man, you know, I don't see Canelo fighting prime-champ names. I humbly think he will continue maneuvering his way on towards cheap, easy fights until his contract is up and then retire. But who knows, maybe pressure and demand will build up too much where he will have to fight the best. I kind of doubt it though.
                Why people don't wait to see how things shape up is confusing to me....

Then I remember I'm posting in NSB.

Home of the emotional wreck.

Comment

Kovalev has Yarde, a good fight that makes sense. Draining himself down for a career payday is not how I’d like to see a warrior like Kovalev go out so I’m glad he didn’t take the cheese.

Comment

Working...
                  X