Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Dems ask noncitizens to register to vote...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    And the republicans need the leeches. That’s why they got after the backwoods toothless hill billies and the uneducated.
    Lmao...

And what leeching policies are they championing??

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Leads me to wonder if there are any States without a citizenship requirement. I'd think if any state wouldn't have it, it would be CA.
      Yea I doubt there is. Maybe North Dakota or some other very low population state. But I doubt it. I think it would be an outage for those noncitizens in our military not being allowed to vote. Any military folks know about that.

You can die but no no you better not vote

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        Trump needs to have the SCOTUS pass a country wide law that requires ID for federal elections (Presidential and Midterms).
        Only congress can pass laws. Trump can only enforce them. The scotus can only interpret and apply the law and stop inproper law or actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Lmao...

And what leeching policies are they championing??
          Leeching of me for one. My taxes went up to pay for trumps tax cut.

Comment

Leeching of me for one. My taxes went up to pay for trumps tax cut.
            Lmao...

Explain

Comment

Ok I’ll believe you. However the states are not absolutely free. They are still bound by constitutional concepts like the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment. So basically they may be free to set up the rules for voting but they still must not violate the constitution. Example one man one vote. This struck down state rules where black votes only counted as 2/3 of a vote. It violated equal protection, each must be treated them same.
              Its pretty clear what the 14th amendment was for, but if people want to take it literally for what it says, I'm cool with that as long as it is consistently applied across the board. No more ignoring the 9th and 10th amendments. I actually wish someone would push this hard. Would be funny to watch. Maybe we would actually see a new amendment for the first time in almost 3 decades lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Well wtf. I didn't know that. That seems like some dumb sh^t. You should definitely have to be a legal citizen of the US to vote in the US. Federal or nah.

Man I hate these mfers who keep acting like the constitution is like the bible & shouldn't be looked at piece by piece every generation to see if it still makes sense.
                Definitely a huge oversight lol.

I consider myself as a person that takes the Constitution at face value, but not because I think everything about it is awesome or even relevant for modern times. I just believe in order and don't think things should be changed on a whim. I agree that the Constitution is something that should be looked at a lot and changed as needed/wanted. It just needs to be done the right way and follow the rules. The thing is outdated in some ways but it has served us well for more than two centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                  Its pretty clear what the 14th amendment was for, but if people want to take it literally for what it says, I'm cool with that as long as it is consistently applied across the board. No more ignoring the 9th and 10th amendments. I actually wish someone would push this hard. Would be funny to watch. Maybe we would actually see a new amendment for the first time in almost 3 decades lol.
                  Ha. Not with this Congress. I think it takes a 2/3 vote to amend the constitution. In today’s world that waiting for hell to freeze over.

Comment

San Francisco allows noncitizens to vote. Thought you guys may find this interesting.

https://apnews.com/8daea73443164bb1a4616ebb3c80f462

Comment

Working...
                    X