Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez wants JCC JR for November.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez wants JCC JR for November.

I didn't see a thread on this, mainly because maybe, who cares really but it's still news, somewhat.

Chavez Jr announced on twitter that he's fighting Sergio Mora September 7 at 171 lbs and challenged Sergio Martinez for a rematch.

Sergio responded proposing they meet in November.

I think this time around Martinez would get stopped. He is 43 and hasn’t fought in 4 years. Jr is 32 and although he is no superstar, he is still more durable than Martinez. He lost all 12 vs Canelo but key number there is 12, he went the distance.

If this fight happens it won’t take place at 160, probably a cw of 170lbs or something like that.

Either way, Jr has the edge this time around if it happens. It would be a money grab for both.

Comment

Martinez was my favourite active boxer. I Would like to see him stay retired. His style doesnt age well. Reflexes most importantly will be gone. It was sad seeing cotto mandhandle him due to knee issues. I hope he doesn't come back chavez has no shame and shouldn't really be calling him out.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I think this time around Martinez would get stopped. He is 43 and hasn’t fought in 4 years. Jr is 32 and although he is no superstar, he is still more durable than Martinez. He lost all 12 vs Canelo but key number there is 12, he went the distance.

If this fight happens it won’t take place at 160, probably a cw of 170lbs or something like that.

Either way, Jr has the edge this time around if it happens. It would be a money grab for both.
        I call KO by the 10th. Trainer won't be able to save Martinez.

Though I'm skeptical Chavez can make the weight.

Comment

Ah no, stay retired Sergio man. Martinez was one of my favourites when he was active, but he's been out of the game too long.

Comment

It might seem 24 years too late to make the Martinez-Pirog fight, but their bodies are probably a similar level of injury/damage at this point.

Comment

I'm seeing Mike Lee as his opponent.

Comment

I'm down for the rematch. I just wanna see Maravilla back in the ring one more time

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X