• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand jury indicts one officer in fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/breo...192431322.html

All Eyes on Bree.

RIP
    travestyny travestyny likes this.

In before the usual suspects will complain about this and make excuses for why she was killed.

Comment

I don’t think anybody can make a rational defense for what they did to that young lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstruck View Post
        I don’t think anybody can make a rational defense for what they did to that young lady.
        Very ****ed up.

Comment

The practice of serving late night no knock search warrants on low risk targets is to blame more than any individual involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
            The practice of serving late night no knock search warrants on low risk targets is to blame more than any individual involved.
            Pretty rational, I wasn't expecting that. Now, who is going to be punished is what I'm asking then?

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
              Pretty rational, I wasn't expecting that. Now, who is going to be punished is what I'm asking then?
              It’s hard to punish anyone for executing something that’s part of the department’s practice. If someone went against orders to not execute a warrant in that fashion, they should be held accountable.

There’s also an argument the warrant was illegal. If that’s the case, whoever wrote the warrant and the judge who signed it should be held accountable.

Unfortunately, all that may come from this, is doing away with no knock search warrants on low risk targets, which is long overdue.

It’s a tragic situation, but if she was my family member, I’d be just as upset with the guy who opened fire on the cops. I’m not clear where she was and why she was in the line of fire, but he didn’t do a very good job of protecting her if that was the purpose of arming himself in the first place.
              Last edited by Real King Kong; 08-24-2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                It’s hard to punish anyone for executing something that’s part of the department’s practice. If someone went against orders to not execute a warrant in that fashion, they should be held accountable.

There’s also an argument the warrant was illegal. If that’s the case, whoever wrote the warrant and the judge who signed it should be held accountable.

Unfortunately, all that may come from this, is doing away with no knock search warrants, which is long overdue.

It’s a tragic situation, but if she was my family member, I’d be just as upset with the guy who opened fire on the cops. I’m not clear where she was and why she was in the line of fire, but he didn’t do a very good job of protecting her if that was the purpose of arming himself in the first place.
                Forgive me if that doesn't satisfy me. No slight at you. Not acceptable anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
                  Forgive me if that doesn't satisfy me. No slight at you. Not acceptable anymore.
                  What do you suggest? Public hangings of everyone involved?

These type of warrants have a history of going sideways...unfortunately this case is not entirely unique. It has to play out the same as others.

Comment

No knock warrants. Sounds like a police state to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X