Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best state to move to right now ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    New Mexico has some beautiful areas. Always loved riding through there.
    You would really consider living there ?

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
      West Virginia? Really ? I never even thought about that state. I will look into it I guess. It can’t be that diverse.
      Its very poor, with beautiful countryside. But there is tremendous value as far as owning land, houses, etc.

Comment

You would really consider living there ?
        I can live anywhere lol. New Mexico if I had to I could enjoy Taos. Its not a place I favor living in though. Taos is gorgeous but s h i t has to come up and go down a mountain. The two big cities Albequurke and Santa Fe are the kinds of places with no sidewalks a lot of bikers.

Comment

Originally posted by MOMENTO MORI View Post
          Arizona, New Mexico or west Texas are my recommendations. Cheap, warm and nice people.
          Bingo. New Mexico is my favorite state, but AZ and TX have the advantage in the growing tech industries in the major cities. I'm actually mulling moving to Phoenix at the moment.

Comment

Well, what are your skills? What are you going to do? If you're just going to look out the window (while posting on Boxing Scene) then pick somewhere with nice views. I'd suggest Sedona, AZ or New Mexico. If you are a man bunwearing, latte drinking techie with lots of money pick Denver or perhaps Austin if you don't like snow. I'd say weather and skills are the deciding factors...and of course family.

Someone mentioned NYC. I'm from the Bronx, so I don't need advice on NYC, but YOU do. Take a look at this article....

https://nypost.com/2019/12/30/new-yo...g-rate-report/

Comment

Lots of people moving to my place--Las Vegas. Would I recommend it? Tough call. Nice winters, but long hot summers.

Comment

Depends on your profession and where you can land a decent job. Do you prefer humidity or dryer climate? Huntsville AL is growing and supposed to be a decent place to live if you want to move down south. Parts of Kentucky, Georgia, and The Carolinas too. Out west I would favor AZ and NM. Maybe El Paso TX. Parts of Nevada away from Vegas or Reno.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  Well, what are your skills? What are you going to do? If you're just going to look out the window (while posting on Boxing Scene) then pick somewhere with nice views. I'd suggest Sedona, AZ or New Mexico. If you are a man bunwearing, latte drinking techie with lots of money pick Denver or perhaps Austin if you don't like snow. I'd say weather and skills are the deciding factors...and of course family.

Someone mentioned NYC. I'm from the Bronx, so I don't need advice on NYC, but YOU do. Take a look at this article....

https://nypost.com/2019/12/30/new-yo...g-rate-report/
                  I live less than 30mins from the Bronx lol.

I do law enforcement. I am
                  A part time military police and looking to be a full time cop as my main job.

For the past 3-5 years I have been doing corporate sales.

Arizona has been a idea of mine for a while. Denver is too expensive and I hate the cold. I really don’t want to see snow anymore.
                  Last edited by Removed Now; 12-31-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
                    Lots of people moving to my place--Las Vegas. Would I recommend it? Tough call. Nice winters, but long hot summers.
                    I will look into Reno or Henderson on Zillow . Isn’t Nevada expensive ?

Comment

I live less than 30mins from the Bronx lol.

I do law enforcement. I am
                      A part time military police and looking to be a full time cop as my main job.

For the past 3-5 years I have been doing corporate sales.

Arizona has been a idea of mine for a while. Denver is too expensive and I hate the cold. I really don’t want to see snow anymore.
                      OK, that snow comment narrows it down a bit. You've eliminated about 80% of the country. Of course, there are places where it snows a little bit, and the rest of the winter is better than NYC (more sun).

Alburqueque maybe? A little snow, otherwise nice, cheap.
                      AZ or Nevada make this list. Plus most of the South. I live in Dallas; if you are a cop you can shoot pretty much anyone you want to.

Comment

Working...
                      X