No announcement yet.

Charles Martin negotiating with Joshua tor April 9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    I would have a newfound respect for Martin if he faced, and beat, Anthony Joshua in his first optional defense. That would be a pretty monumental statement if he was able to pull it off.
    Absolutely agreed. Heck, I'd earn some respect for him just for taking AJ as a voluntary at all.

Also, did OP essentially confirm Wilder/Povetkin?

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusSOG View Post
      Absolutely agreed. Heck, I'd earn some respect for him just for taking AJ as a voluntary at all.

Also, did OP essentially confirm Wilder/Povetkin?
      That's what I'm hoping if AJ agrees to fight Martin. Then wilder loses that option

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        "I can confirm that Charles Martin is willing to fight Joshua April 9 in London," Borao exclusively told World Boxing News on Friday.

"Charles wants to make a statement in his first defense and wanted a Wilder or Fury unification. Both are busy with mandatory and contracted fights with Povetkin and Klitschko, so Joshua is the next best thing.
        Joshua is great. That would show if he is legit champion or if he just got lucky being in the right place at the right time. It will also test Joshua. If they fight I pick Joshua by KO. Joshua throws much harder punches and he throws them correctly. Martin is a wild swinger and doesn't put much weight into his punches. Joshua should see those wide arm punches coming and counter with some bombs right down the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Joshua is great. That would show if he is legit champion or if he just got lucky being in the right place at the right time. It will also test Joshua. If they fight I pick Joshua by KO. Joshua throws much harder punches and he throws them correctly. Martin is a wild swinger and doesn't put much weight into his punches. Joshua should see those wide arm punches coming and counter with some bombs right down the middle.
          Idk man both are very much unproven
          But it looks like martin took Glazkov punches with ease

Comment

Imagine Fury, Wilder, and Joshua all holding belts at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
              Imagine Fury, Wilder, and Joshua all holding belts at the same time.
              I'd rather see all those guys fight each other

Comment

That's surprising to read. I'm not sure Martin is any good, but more power to him. I am eager to see Team Joshua's response.

Comment

Good fight...

Comment

There is a very deliberate plan set for AJ, and this isn't it. Of course Martin looks vulnerable and tempting. But the problem is that if AJ wins, he'll have a title and will be under more careful scrutiny about who he fights. I think Hearn wants some more step up fights before fighting for a title. Also I think that they want to avoid dealing with PBC, Top Rank, Golden Boy, etc. as long as possible.

Comment

great fight, shame there's no way its happening.
                      hearn, joshua, and practically everyone involved have all said they are not taking any paths to the world title any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X