Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "Dr. Steelhammer" Klitschko II: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though I think Wlad has the ability to win, his extreme hesitance in the Jennings fight and paralyzing mental block against Fury tells me something's mentally broken and it's going to be that way with anyone he fights now. I pick Fury to win in a similar, but slightly more active fight.

Comment

I just see another UD for Fury. Wlad has a rather small bag of tricks really, but they work extremely well and have done for years. He's just ran into a huge guy with the skill to take away his best assets.

I just can't see how at 40 years old he's going to get any better or more versatile. If anything he's just another fight older, and it was a long difficult one at that. Where as Fury is just 27 and still improving and that fight will have made him even better. I also think they have probably met at a crossroads in their careers where Fury is on the way up and improving and Wlad is on the way down, and they might be further apart by the next fight.

Most of all, I think Fury just has his number and is a stylistic nightmare for Wlad.

I'd give Wlad not much more than a punchers chance, it seems crazy to say that about Wlad but i can't see any other way he wins. It is what it is. Most great fighters usually eventually run into someone who has their number stylistically and i think this is it for Wlad.

Comment

Please Wladimir pull the trigger just this once!!

Whoever is mentoring him for this fight HAS to convince him to go for it just like the early days.

It's the key to victory.. Aggressively!

Bull-rush like all your opponents tried to do to you.

Except you are stronger and hit harder than Fury, you just have to force your way through.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Though I think Wlad has the ability to win, his extreme hesitance in the Jennings fight and paralyzing mental block against Fury tells me something's mentally broken and it's going to be that way with anyone he fights now. I pick Fury to win in a similar, but slightly more active fight.
          How exciting would it be if Wlad threw caution to the find and forced a slugfest?

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            How exciting would it be if Wlad threw caution to the find and forced a slugfest?
            I don't think Wlad has any concept of how to throw caution to the wind. The frustrating thing with him is that he put a beating on Pulev. No one watched it and no one seems to realize how save a beat-down he can give. That was only a year ago but it seems like forever because something's just not right upstairs. now. I thought it was a fluke against Jennings but clearly not.

I'd love to see him bring it to Tyson because Tyson has been dealing with guys doing that to him his whole career. Would be awesome, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
              Agreed. Wlad, whatever his faults may be, dirty tactics, overcautious nature, doing the bare minimum to win, has proven that he's no quitter when the chips are down. If Fury stops him he's going to have to keep knocking him down till he physically can't get up again or the referee thinks he's seen enough. Which he will do of course, in what will probably be a long and drawn out beating that'll finish Wlad for good. I'm almost sad to see it happen.
              I will be happy to see fury end Wlad's career. The new king must consolidate power & crush all opposition.

Comment

Fury comes in with more confidence than ever. I think if Wlad opens up that is what Fury wants. Fury will stop him in the second fight and will be more accurate.

I think if it came down to a slugfest they would both get much more tired causing more clinching but Fury is the one with even an ounce of inside game and body punching right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  Fury comes in with more confidence than ever. I think if Wlad opens up that is what Fury wants. Fury will stop him in the second fight and will be more accurate.

I think if it came down to a slugfest they would both get much more tired causing more clinching but Fury is the one with even an ounce of inside game and body punching right now.
                  Fury wins the inside fight, but Wlad has to make it a war regardless.

Comment

Its a question of what Wlad has left.

They will go back and study the fight and see all the mistakes Tyson made, and they are capable of putting together a plan to capitalize on them, especially the way Tyson lunged in.

If Wlad is still Wlad, Id take him by KO. There were enough opportunities for him in there, they just weren't the opportunities he was prepared for, and he clinched when they came, instead of tagging Tyson while he was falling in.

Wlad caught Tyson 2 or 3 times clean that really caught Tysons attention and you could see him go on the defense afterwards.

I think Wlad comes in with a hooking game plan, instead of trying to establish a jab with Tyson, which gave him so much problems as he was trying to dictate range to take control, an area that was much easier for Tyson to do.

He needed to capitalize on the transitional periods where the range changed. If he can do that, he can KO Tyson Fury, provided Tyson Fury doesn't prove to have a chin on granite.

On the other hand, all Tyson can really do is try and fix his own mistakes so they are not liabilities to him in the rematch. There wasn't really much more he could do with Wlad's solid fundamentals, and footwork. He just needs to make sure he can outbox him again without getting knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

I think inside would Favor Wlad, as he is capable of throwing very short very powerful shots. His left hook in particular is devastating.

If he can get out of the habit of clinching, instead of throwing that is yet to be seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X