Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez has no business in the current 140lbs Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez age is the only reason he MIGHT lose.

Hes not too old to put a 9 punch combination together on them. A porous defense is not something you want to put in front of Marquez, even if you sought him out at a retirement village.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Marquez should fight Pacman

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
        Rios and Alvarado both came in at around 160lbs tonight. Marquez is too damn small for these guys. At his heaviest COMPETITIVE weight, he'll most likely weigh about 147 on fight night. 140 is full of Monsters right now. I hope Marquez can still make 135, if not he needs to retire, or seek a 5th fight with Manny Pacquiao or a rematch/cash-out fight with Mayweather. Rios, Garcia, Alvarado, Peterson, and Matthysse all present major problems in size, power, and youth for the future Hall of Famer.
        are you kidding? with those power pellets he can fight at 147 easy

Comment

JMM would dice both of those guys up. I'd see him having more problems with Garcia and Matthysse.

Comment

I'd pick Matthysse against Marquez, and I think Garcia would give the older counter-puncher a run for his money. Garcia/Marquez would be very interesting.

I remember saying that I think if Rios/Marquez were to fight, it would be JMM by decision or Rios by stoppage. I think it's very possible that JMM stops Rios after last night, but I think Rios has more of a chance @147 where he wouldn't be weight-drained.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 03-31-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

marquez weighed 151 lbs against pacquiao in the third fight...i think marquez was even heavier in the 4th fight..

marquez could match rios' power if marquez uses heredia's services again...
              Last edited by Bermuda; 03-31-2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

So JMM shouldnt fight at 140 because those guys have 12 pounds on him on fight night and more than that naturally but Floyd should fight those huge guys at 154 who will outweigh him by 15-20 pounds in the ring and even more than that naturally?

Its the same guys saying JMM shouldnt that say Floyd should. Then you cant use the excuse that Floyd has fought at 154 because not only has JMM fought at 140 but he's fought at WW. Not only did he fight at WW, he just stopped the so called baddest WW weve seen in years while many think Floyd struggled with Cotto. Its a joke

Comment

He is only going to fight about two more times. Those guys are bigger than Marquez and Pacquiao but with the possible exception of Matthysse I think Pacquiao or Marquez could beat all of them.I think Marquez could make 135 and be fine but it looks more likely for him to fight Bradley for his 147 pound title.

Comment

I don't think Marquez even wants to fight at 140 again...

He is old... on the verge of retiring.. we can't judge him negatively for this.. he has already turned down a lot of big 140 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                      Pacquiao was also bigger, tougher, harder puncher than Díaz and Katsidis and we all know what happened.

I think Marquez is way too smart for those guys. Lets not forget that Marquez is also stronger now, he's definitely not the small guy he was when he fought Díaz and Katsidis.

I'm not saying that they couldn't beat Marquez, but I think you would have to favor him over any of those guys.
                      You really can't compare Marquez' fights with Pacquiao to his fights against Katsidis and Diaz. Marquez was forced to use every inch of his counter punching skills and controlled aggressiveness against Manny. Especially in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th fight. He knew he couldn't stand there and trade with Manny for 1-2 minutes in every round. Manny also doesn't pressure/bully you like Diaz or Katsidis.
                      Against Diaz and Katsidis Marquez decided to slug it out because he felt he could take their power and also because they wouldn't let Marquez rest. Diaz was on him for full 3 minutes in every single round until he got knocked out.

Comment

Working...
                      X