Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto calls out Arum for lying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Arum, how is the building of the stadium going in Vegas?

Comment

Check out the transcript for Dan Rafael's chat yesterday. Arum called him during the chat in response to that story. I believe Arum said that he spoke to Cotto's lawyer about these terms.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Maybe Arum meant 13 million including the estimated PPV profits, not a 13 million guarantee.
        Arum used the word "guarantee".

How can you guarantee based off estimated projected PPV revenues?

Comment

Originally posted by BesWorldChamp View Post
          Check out the transcript for Dan Rafael's chat yesterday. Arum called him during the chat in response to that story. I believe Arum said that he spoke to Cotto's lawyer about these terms.
          That could be completely possible, but then why wouldn't Cotto's lawyer advise his guy about his offer. You would think Miguel's biggest payday ever would be something the entire Cotto team would know about.
          To me it comes down to who you trust, and Cotto doesn't seem like a cat who would come out and lie about something like this.

Comment

Arum is a crafty veteran snake, the best/worst in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              You wanna know when Arum has been caught lying , lol , lots of evidence on the internet about investigations into bribes and fight fixing concerning Bob Arum , you spend way too much time reading Manny hype instead of looking at the real world .
              HELL....

Both the Nevada Commissioner said that Arum was lying (about Pacquiao's purses), and the judge/mediator said that Arum was lying (about the May/Pac negotiations).

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Now Cotto realizes how much of a crook Arum is. It's too bad he didn't leave Top Rank earlier, we would have seen Floyd vs Cotto in their prime. Ironically Pacquiao, who is now so big that he doesn't need a promoter, continues to do business with Arum and doesn't see through his lies.
                One has to wonder why he won't leave.

Comment

Cotto is a liar and a raging hypocrite regarding catchweights. I'd be inclined to believe him regarding the purse if I thought he had any credibility, but:

1. http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...onio-margarito

Cotto insisted on making the bout at 150 pounds with the stipulation of a weight check on the day of the fight, for which the fighters could not exceed 160 pounds.
                  2. http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-pac...-go-154--48943

Cotto will not budge from his position of refusing to fight below 150-pounds. Pacquiao is refusing to fight Cotto above the welterweight limit of 147. However, Mayweather has no problem with fighting Cotto at 150 or above.

"I will not fight below 150 pounds. Mayweather Jr. said he has no problem going up to 154 to fight me. Pacquiao is the one who objected and wants me to once again come down to a weight between 145 and 147 pounds. If Pacquiao had no trouble going up to 150 to fight Margarito, why is there a set requirement for me to go down again? Does he fear me? If Pacquiao wants to fight me again, it must be above 150 pounds. I will not continue to sacrifice my body to lose weight," Cotto said.
                  3. http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-den...-weight--57503

Cotto told BoxingScene.com that Pacquiao's camp tried to gain an advantage by making him go down to 150-pounds. He says the weight demand was the main reason for the fight falling apart.

The guy has no shame.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Cotto is a liar and a raging hypocrite regarding catchweights. I'd be inclined to believe him regarding the purse if I thought he had any credibility, but:

The guy has no shame.
                    There is a difference between "lying" and "the situation has changed".

He just fought Floyd at 154. He felt strong and fast. So he has decided not to fight below that.

Why is that a problem? That's not hypocrisy. That is a new situation.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      How right you are. It takes boxingScene crappers to see through Arum. Like you..... If you had real reasons for your pathological hatreds, I'd say nothing, but you and your buddies are coml[letely irratioal. There's a name for it.....
                      Are you on Top Rank's payroll?

Comment

Working...
                      X