No announcement yet.

James Toney vs Michael Moorer @ LHW & HW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
    175 was closer to Toneys prime weight then the 220 version that fought Holy. Toney looked pretty good at 175.
    He did?

Looked pretty poor if you ask me.

Comment

At lightheavy was probably the only weight in which Toney never looked good and casually was the best weight of Moorer, so i pick Moorer by a close but clear decision.
      In heavyweight i pick Toney by late KO or decision, but i wouldn't be surprised if Moorer gets the win.

Comment

I love toney,,,, but he only has a punchers chance vs moorer... Unless Moorer gets careless and makes a mistake, he should outpoint toney all day long

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He did?

Looked pretty poor if you ask me.
          Totally agree,,, toney was rubbish at 175 but to be fair, that was his dark moment in life and in boxing... But he rised from the ashes of 175 to have success at cruiser and heavy

Comment

Moorer would absolutely dominate him. Tee off on him and dominate to a lop sided decison.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Moorer would absolutely dominate him. Tee off on him and dominate to a lop sided decison.
              This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And I'm the biggest toney fanboy

Comment

I have tremendous respect for Toney, but I have to favor Moorer at both Light Heavy and Heavy. Moorer was no face first slugger, he was a really calculated assassin at Light Heavy.
                At Heavy I think it would be closer, but I think Moorer edges it.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Other than the Holyfield fight, I don't think I can recall a time it looked like Toney was in serious shape at 175 or HW. Then again, Moorer wasn't exactly Mayweather when it came to giving 100% in the gym. At HW, I could see a prime Moorer having a tough time with the version of Toney that dismantled Evander but I'd make him a slight favorite over the other versions that showed up in the ring.
                  Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  On paper Moorer looks like the winner, but Toney has a stronger core and he would find a way to win.
                  Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  I have to agree with those that went with Toney at light heavy but not at heavy. In spite of Moorer's impressive ko percentage as wbo light heavy titlist, his level of competition at the weight leaves a lot to be desired. Toney at heavy neither had the power or strength to take advantage of Moorer's weaknesses.
                  Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                  At lightheavy was probably the only weight in which Toney never looked good and casually was the best weight of Moorer, so i pick Moorer by a close but clear decision.
                  In heavyweight i pick Toney by late KO or decision, but i wouldn't be surprised if Moorer gets the win.
                  the best toney looked since 168 was at cruiser when he fought jirov, 191 lbs and ripped. he beat jirov up and knocked him down. that version of toney beats moorer at 175 or cruiser, at hw though i'm not so sure. i agree with the guy that said toney doesn't have the power at hw to hurt moorer, i think moorer would decision him

Comment

Working...
                  X