No announcement yet.

Is it just me? Salido/Vargas...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me? Salido/Vargas...

Salido pretty much got away with the same fouling as in Lomachenko fight but they just didn't care to talk about it much, or call the referee out, even though they were Johnny on the spot when it was Loma's nuts gettin' bashed? I think the fight was almost over when I first heard Lampley mention one of dozens of low blows. Great fight, not to be buzzkilling it, but seems really hypocritical to me.

It was brutal. Those nuts were taking a beating. Fouls are part of the game though. I'm not a fan of heavy fouling but I don't look at them like they're a ped or something.

And, yea, interesting how the bias was apparent. If that was Loma they'd be crying a river.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 06-05-2016, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Yeah he was hitting low at least twice or so a round. I said something about it in the official thread. Raul Caiz is a good ref but he missed all of them or just didn't care since Vargas didn't complain about it

Comment

Punched his ass a few times too lol

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
          Punched his ass a few times too lol
          LOL He did too, didn't he? A lot of hip shots, nut shots, some butt shots, Salido don't never give a **** where it goes.

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Yeah he was hitting low at least twice or so a round. I said something about it in the official thread. Raul Caiz is a good ref but he missed all of them or just didn't care since Vargas didn't complain about it
          That's the thing, like, Cole is one of the worst refs in the sport and regarded that way but was he really that much different to Caiz with Salido getting away with everything?

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          It was brutal. Those nuts were taking a beating. Fouls are part of the game though. I'm not a fan of heavy fouling but I don't look at them like they're a ped or something.

And, yea, interesting how the bias was apparent. If that was Loma they'd be crying a river.

Hey, it's on the ref for me. I don't really normally blame the fighter for repeated stuff if he's getting away with it. It's only his job not to get DQ'd. I'm more interested in the HBO being (rightfully) up Cole's a** but tonight it's just a casual thing where they ignore most of it. It's like oh so it's okay when it's a random Mexican champion but if it's Lomachenko...like you said, crying a river.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post

Hey, it's on the ref for me. I don't really normally blame the fighter for repeated stuff if he's getting away with it. It's only his job not to get DQ'd. I'm more interested in the HBO being (rightfully) up Cole's a** but tonight it's just a casual thing where they ignore most of it. It's like oh so it's okay when it's a random Mexican champion but if it's Lomachenko...like you said, crying a river.
            Sucks because HBO was getting better about that stuff for a while but in the past year or so, they all have basically stuck to the script. Even Roy (who was the voice of the fans for a while) is playing ball now. I don't get worked up about it like some guys here but when you look at the real shameless stuff, like the way they tried to sell us on Lemieux last week, it's just insulting on so many levels.

Comment

He does it really well though most of the time the ref was on the other side of his shot its all part of the game. But ofc if it was Loma lampley would have started the waterworks early.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
                Salido pretty much got away with the same fouling as in Lomachenko fight but they just didn't care to talk about it much, or call the referee out, even though they were Johnny on the spot when it was Loma's nuts gettin' bashed? I think the fight was almost over when I first heard Lampley mention one of dozens of low blows. Great fight, not to be buzzkilling it, but seems really hypocritical to me.
                Ill take the occasional low blow in the midst of intense non stop action over excessive intentional clinching any day. They did mention Salido was one of the best at fouling in the sport, I tend to disagree. Looma was losing, he wasnt supposed to so they had to highlight the low blows in that fight, its how commentators are programmed.

Comment

Yeah a lot of dirty nut shots and leading with his head to cause headbutts. But he is sneaky at hiding it and pretending they are accidents when the ref does see it. If the ref don't put a stop to it then it's labeled smart veteran tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                    Ill take the occasional low blow in the midst of intense non stop action over excessive intentional clinching any day. They did mention Salido was one of the best at fouling in the sport, I tend to disagree. Looma was losing, he wasnt supposed to so they had to highlight the low blows in that fight, its how commentators are programmed.
                    .."Occasional"? Ain't but so many occasions before it's "consistent" as opposed to "occasional". Salido way went over that mark, imo. Like normal.

Comment

Working...
                    X