No announcement yet.

First day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day

Well today I ventured out for my first day of boxing class. It's a club class nothing real serious just people who would like to learn and some that are serious about boxing. I went with my buddy we are both beginner it took him about 30mins to wrap his hands because he kept doing it wrong it was kind od funny. I'm really out of shape to what I used to be like 3 years ago and gained a couple pounds because of my love for the bottle jk. I started jump rope and then the instructor helped out with my jab follwed by a straight right and explained that a straigh punch always gets there faster. I had a hard time with dropping my right hand when jabbing and the teacher kept countering me to show me I was doing it wrong . I didnt really get to do that much since I had to leave for class so I only got an hour and 30 mins to work in the gym but tomorrow is a new day. Any pointers anyone has is more than welcome.
    Thanks

Originally posted by loangunZ
    Well today I ventured out for my first day of boxing class. It's a club class nothing real serious just people who would like to learn and some that are serious about boxing. I went with my buddy we are both beginner it took him about 30mins to wrap his hands because he kept doing it wrong it was kind od funny. I'm really out of shape to what I used to be like 3 years ago and gained a couple pounds because of my love for the bottle jk. I started jump rope and then the instructor helped out with my jab follwed by a straight right and explained that a straigh punch always gets there faster. I had a hard time with dropping my right hand when jabbing and the teacher kept countering me to show me I was doing it wrong . I didnt really get to do that much since I had to leave for class so I only got an hour and 30 mins to work in the gym but tomorrow is a new day. Any pointers anyone has is more than welcome.
    Thanks
    keep going and be persistent, youll learn and there will be times that you feel awkward, but dont give up and everything is going to take time to master.

Comment

yea I hope I can stick with it I get into periods of time where unless people make me do things or make me get my ass off of the couch I just won't do it. Sometimes I feel totaly unmotivated cause I wanted to join this club 3 years ago and now in my last year of school I'm finally doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G
        keep going and be persistent, youll learn and there will be times that you feel awkward, but dont give up and everything is going to take time to master.

yeah at first it seems to hard and impossible, but with a lot of practice you'll get used to it and it will become common sense

Comment

Yeah remember even the great Joe Frazier only started boxing to lose weight. If you can wake up in the morning and run, something only maybe one in four club boxers do, you will start kicking peoples asses and love it! Also if you stop smoking, drinking beer or soda you can get your weight down and your lung capacity up a lot faster.

Comment

Oh and just cause your not in school doesn't mean you should stop. James McCline didn't start boxing till he was 27 and in prison. Now he is a win a way from being a heavyweight champion of the world.

Comment

Yea I'm just looking to learn a few things and enjoying myself. I mean I'm only 163 I came in weighting like 135 but as you mature and grow I guess putting on weight would be expected. Wow how many boxers have learned the trade in prison? B hop McCline

Comment

Make sure you focus on technique as much as possible. A lot of punches feel akward when you do them right. But once you have a good foundation of offense and defense, you can build up on power, speed, and endurance.

Comment

yea the jab feels so akward to me

Comment

First day yup

Comment

Working...
                    X