Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klitschko-Joshua. Theres a reason Hearn wants this fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klitschko-Joshua. Theres a reason Hearn wants this fight.

On the face of it, high risk for reasonably low reward.

But joshua sparred klitschko 2 years ago, imo he MUST have held his own at least for them to be confident.

Factor in klitschko is another year older than he was in the fury fight.

Add in klitschko has never faced a power puncher his own height who wasn't slow as a glacier.

In actual fact Wlad hasn't really faced a power puncher since David Haye in 2009

IF, and it's a big IF, the fight gets signed. I will predict a joshua win by ko

Theres an interview on yt with Malik Scott who watched the sparring between Wlad and AJ.

His words were 'Joshua more than held his own'

Sparring isnt fighting though so who knows. But it doesnt sound like Wlad was a class above or anything like that

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Theres an interview on yt with Malik Scott who watched the sparring between Wlad and AJ.

His words were 'Joshua more than held his own'

Sparring isnt fighting though so who knows. But it doesnt sound like Wlad was a class above or anything like that
      Point is if joshua got sonned in sparring they wouldn't be going near the fight.

Deontay got both his eyes closed and sent home early from klitschko sparring and has never mentioned his name since

Comment

I would think Klitschko to be a considerable favourite should this fight happen.

Comment

Hearn does not want this fight. He's a bullshyt artist.

Also, Wlad doesn't strike me as a guy who dominates in sparring. You don't clinch a lot in sparring or hit and hold. Essentially, you're not gaming the sport in sparring like you are in a fight. You're just honing your distance, defense, and timing. I'm sure Joshua looked great vs Wlad. I do not think he's experienced enough to deal with a crafty fighter like that though. Anthony doesn't do anything particularly clever that would throw Wlad off. I think he'd have his moments but would otherwise be frustrated by the veteran all night.

Assuming Wlad has his head back together, which is a big IF.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
            On the face of it, high risk for reasonably low reward.

But joshua sparred klitschko 2 years ago, imo he MUST have held his own at least for them to be confident.

Factor in klitschko is another year older than he was in the fury fight.

Add in klitschko has never faced a power puncher his own height who wasn't slow as a glacier.

In actual fact Wlad hasn't really faced a power puncher since David Haye in 2009

IF, and it's a big IF, the fight gets signed. I will predict a joshua win by ko
            Biggums it's the first time I have ever nodded my head in agreement with the post you just wrote.....your right son and for that it's a green k

Comment

If this fight happens then it's only happening because of the main man not DEFENDING his belts!

Joshua got hand fed a world title and Fury snatched those belts from Wladimir.If this Josh-Klit happens they can call it clash of the scroungers.Both fighting for the Kings leftovers.

Comment

I think Joshua would do well to wait about 12 months, but its still a very winnable fight today. He has the size, speed, power, and technique to get it done. Wlad is still a very good fighter, very experienced, hard to hit, and carries one punch KO power, so he is a massive threat to any heavyweight in history, but he has a biscuit chin, so anyone who has those attributes that Joshua has can get the job done against him.

If you throw in that he is on the decline than I think that is why Hearn is willing to take the risk. To be honest - as long as Joshua isn't reckless - he will take Wlad out within 3 rounds, that is my honest opinion, and a lot of people will strongly disagree with it but Wlad can't deal with men of equal size and comparable ability. This would have been the case 10 years ago, and still is now. The only question in this fight to me is can Wlad land first?

Comment

Reading Sky, this fight is likely for next year, earliest will be March time but most likely in the summer.

AJ is likely to have 2 or 3 fights between then and now. Including Parker.

Klitschko will likely fight some bum next and then prep for the summer showdown.

There's a lot that can happen from now till then, so everyone needs to hold their horses.

In fact, Fury might come back and may still be officially recognised as lineal and Ring champ, meaning he could get in the way with a Klit fight.

Comment

All those belts are worthless Deontay Wilder hold the only title that matters!

Comment

Working...
                    X