Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devon Alexander vs Maidana II. Would it be the same result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen Maidana as complacent and bad as he was against Alexander the first time. It's hard to imagine him not improving on that bad a fight.

Still think Alexander would win comfortably. Too fast, too tough and spoilerish a style.

Comment

I give Maidana a good chance to beat Alexander this time around. That was Chino's first fight at 147 and looked like ass. Dude has developed a nice jab when he uses it and his power has come up with him. It would be a good fight that I would watch again.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
        devon would always own him

alexander is iron, maidana isn't stopping him
        Super iron....

Comment

noone wants to see devon in the ring again. thank you so much, porter.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

as long as its not in st.louis then marcos gets it. alexander was hitting and holding like john ruiz at a hug fest.

Comment

maidana had no real ferocity in that fight, its like he was okay with a loss

Comment

Devon will win again

Comment

I voted Maidana knocks him out in a rematch. The first fight was one of Maidana's worst fights. He had just move to 147 and was not in good shape. He is much better now in his conditioning and his skills and Devon didn't look so good last fight. Alexander beat him soundly the first fight but that does not mean he owns Maidana. Maidana is smart, game, and has a great will to win. He would study the film of their first fight and make improvements.

Comment

It's a funny one. That first fight was such a comprehensive defeat, it's hard to make an argument against something completely different happening without sounding silly...

But....I dunno. That first fight actually surprised the hell out of me, I fully expected Chino to walk Alexander down and take him out. And honestly, if Chino who beats Broner turns up, he would beat Alexander, IMHO. I know Alexander is the clincher supreme but when Broner tried it on Chino, Marcos didn't accept is anything like as passively as he did against Devon.

Is it possible that the first fight was an anomaly? Simply a fighter having an off-night? I don't normally buy fighter excuses (because we did, only about 2% of fights would be legit wins), but Chino didn't look motivated, well-conditioned, or with any sort of game plan in their first fight.

Another thing is thing, I don't rate Devon at all. In my mind, Chino SHOULD be beating him. I actually rate Broner far higher Devon.

Saying all this, I understand there is a good chance it may just ultimately be a style thing. The clinching, the southpaw stance, the constant moving/turning Devon does may simply be something Chino can't ever handle.

Comment

same result

Comment

Working...
                      X