Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Kell Brooks "big" announcment for Sept?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

according to the ring kell brook is the #3 welterweight, and some people say it's biased in favor of americans? brooks promoter must have paid them a sh-it ton of money to get him that high.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      according to the ring kell brook is the #3 welterweight, and some people say it's biased in favor of americans? brooks promoter must have paid them a sh-it ton of money to get him that high.
      Yeah thats an absolute joke... When you see who he's ranked about it makes it even funnier

Comment

Last I heard he will be fighting Senchenko. Not sure if that report was verified though.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          You couldn't make that up! Most rankings are an absolute joke these days.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I was thinking Mosley but apparently he's fighting Mundine now.

Rumours are its Lopez. Decent fight at best but a step up at least.

I think the chances of Guererro coming to the UK are very unlikely.
            Originally, they wanted Lopez, but they couldn't come to an agreement with regards to the purse. He was happy to come to Sheffield the 28th.

It looks like it is Senchenkho now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              I think Eddie Hearn has been busy with other stuff i.e announcing Froch-Groves, Bellew's world title fight and he's just signed Anthony Joshua today. Probably why no announcement has been made.

I'm honestly starting to think Brook/Eddie Hearn tactically ducked Alexander. I think they believe Khan will beat Alexander and Brook will be the mandatory so Khan will have to fight him. Much more beneficial fight for Brook than going to the US to fight Alexander.
              Whilst that sounds like something that could easily happen in boxing, it didn't happen with this fight.

Brook had trained for 7 months for that fight and was thinking about quitting boxing after it went out the window. It was just circumstance.

Comment

I would have advised Van Heerden, not because it's the best fight, but because with a Khan fight looming Brook could do with the IBO title as a bargaining chip

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Whilst that sounds like something that could easily happen in boxing, it didn't happen with this fight.

Brook had trained for 7 months for that fight and was thinking about quitting boxing after it went out the window. It was just circumstance.
                  the lure of big money headlining cards against bums brought him back.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
                    That is who I thought it would be all along. A very minor step up in competition for Kell Brook then. What is the end game for team Brook??? An alphabet title via the softest touch possible? Coz he definitely doesnt seem hell bent on fighting the true elite of the division.
                    It's the Khan fight. Eddie Hearn is desperate to make that fight.

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Yeah like how David Haye's injuries are all real

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
                      I would have advised Van Heerden, not because it's the best fight, but because with a Khan fight looming Brook could do with the IBO title as a bargaining chip
                      ibo? who gives a flying fu-k about that crap. it's too bad brook didn't pick up a vacant belt a while back. fighting guys like mathew hatton, saldivia, jackewitz. he could have been halfway to calzaghe/ottke's magical mark of 21 by now with defenses like those.

Comment

Working...
                      X