Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's new demeanour...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's just trying to make this fight look legit. He knows that the fight fans is aware of the battles cotto have been in so in order to hype this fight Floyd have to treat cotto as if cotto is someone new and fresh. I bet in Floyd's mind he wants to tell everyone how easy cotto is and how he's gonna whoop on cotto but if he does this the fans will not buy into it so Floyd have take a different approach this time.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
      Actually he even had the goatee during the Ortiz presser
      Exactly

Boxing fans these days seem to have the shortest memories.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Exactly

Boxing fans these days seem to have the shortest memories.
        Seems to stem from shortest brain capacity as well

Comment

I'm sure some trash talk will start, but Floyd seems to have a lot of respect for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
            He did the same thing with Ortiz... Then we saw the 24 7
            at the faceoff with Max he told Vic he was gonna whoop his ass....that was before the 24/7.....like Shane said, he barks when he feels a threat....no matter what Floyd says, ALL boxers are more comfortable fighting righties than lefties....a southpaw with power is always a threat....on paper Floyd blows Vic outta the waters....but he's not so active and he's getting older like all normal humans do....some where in the back of his mind those things are talking to him.....I doubt a man who REALLY believes in his ability has to keep telling ppl he does....I'm probably reaching but thats the vibe I'm getting from Money....like I said, I could be wrong

Vic was a threat in his eyes imo

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
              at the faceoff with Max he told Vic he was gonna whoop his ass....that was before the 24/7.....like Shane said, he barks when he feels a threat....no matter what Floyd says, ALL boxers are more comfortable fighting righties than lefties....a southpaw with power is always a threat....on paper Floyd blows Vic outta the waters....but he's not so active and he's getting older like all normal humans do....some where in the back of his mind those things are talking to him.....I doubt a man who REALLY believes in his ability has to keep telling ppl he does....I'm probably reaching but thats the vibe I'm getting from Money....like I said, I could be wrong

Vic was a threat in his eyes imo
              So you don't think he thinks Cotto is a threat?

Comment

IMO people read to much into PBF and over analyze the man. Jordan was one of the best trash talkers in the game and made up stories in his own mind as motivation yet no one talks about him as feeling threatened. Larry Bird talked **** as well and toyed with teams. The Celtics were up by like 20+points on the blazers so Larry Bird played the whole 4th quarter left handed. Now if PBF was beating Cotto 11-0 in rounds and switched southpaw for the 12 round people would trash the hell out him for it and say it wasn't good sportsmanship.

Basically all that **** boils down to is how a man is perceived. If he is seen as a good guy and does it that is fine. If he is seen as a bad guy he get trashed for doing it. Same toilet different ****.

Comment

Bigging up Cotto to sell him as a good opponent, to say he beat a great fighter. When in reality it's just an okay fighter. It is def a fighter to mention as a notable win on his resume, but it's not all that. Never been all that, it's not gonna change now. Floyd is basically unofficially promoting Miguel.

Comment

no he's slowly buildin up his **** talk in a respectful manner,,, come 24/7 come closer to fightnight he's gonna do wha he does best<3 sell fights n win em

Comment

Originally posted by PACsmash View Post
                      He's just trying to make this fight look legit. He knows that the fight fans is aware of the battles cotto have been in so in order to hype this fight Floyd have to treat cotto as if cotto is someone new and fresh. I bet in Floyd's mind he wants to tell everyone how easy cotto is and how he's gonna whoop on cotto but if he does this the fans will not buy into it so Floyd have take a different approach this time.
                      Exactly. Floyd is talking good about Cotto now, but in the past he never said anything good about Cotto.

He was very critical of the way Judah busted Cotto's face up in their fight. "Zab Judah comes off fighting me, then is off for 400 something days, comes back 10-11 rounds and busts this guys' face up?"(ESPN interview). Same interview he said Cotto lives in Puerto Rico but doesn't even make good PPV numbers(reffering to having a whole island behind him. Same interview was cut and edited to make it look like Floyd said he won't fight Cotto because he lives in PR). And in that ESPN interview, Floyd said if Cotto wants to fight then "come and talk to me, let me know what's going on, I'm MR HBO himself, I'm my own boss". But of course at the time Cotto was with the whole "talk to my promoter" crap, so no way he would approach Floyd for a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X