Archie Moore vs Roy Jones Jr. LHW.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archie Moore vs Roy Jones Jr. LHW.

Who wins and how?

Does Archie Moore smash Jones' chin into ****ing oblivion?

Or does Roy decision him?

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Who wins and how?

I think Jones speed would give Moore a lot of problems. The closest Moore came to fighting someone similar to Jones would be Clay, but Moore was ancient by that time

Comment

What are some good fights to watch on Archie Moore? I simply don't know enough about him to make an opinion. Although it'd be hard for me to really heavily favor anybody over Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
        What are some good fights to watch on Archie Moore? I simply don't know enough about him to make an opinion. Although it'd be hard for me to really heavily favor anybody over Roy.
        The main reason I chose this match up is Archie Moore is arguably the hardest hitter ever P4P.

So I just wanted to see what people would think the outcome would be when Roy was faced with a Top 5 ATG puncher.

Instead of single fights, here is a tribute video which is by TheGreatA who's video don't always consist of KO's etc but, the essence of their fighting style.

I would recommend his videos for studying fighters.

Comment

Roy would win,dyu know how? Speed

In all seriousness i think this is a 50/50 fight,i could see roy winning a decision but it wouldnt shock me if he got knocked out cold,although i feel their are worse style match-ups for jones at 175

Comment

I've always thought Moore is one of the more intriguing matches for Roy myth wise. He's SO fast and Moore always struggled with speed guys. Burley, Charles (who I think would have smoked Jones)...they owned Moore. Now, Roy isn't as technically sound but, with his cross arm defense, Moore might spend a lot of the night tied up as far as counters.

Call me crazy, but each as a reigning Light Heavyweight champion, this is pick 'em to me.

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem like in the old days fighters didn't run as much. If they were outboxing you it seems like did it right in front of you. I think that's ****in tight! hahaha

I just seen some of his knockouts. The man's hands are ****in bricks haha. I think if he can touch Jones chin clean I don't think Roy could not get floored by one of them shots. But Archie gotta land them thangs though. So pretty good match up. I think it'd be a great fight.

Comment

I would favor Moore SLIGHTLY to KO Jones but wouldn't be shocked if Jones won a decision. Can't see Moore outpointing Roy though, and I can't see Jones opening up enough to KO Archie.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  Who wins and how?

I like the way you said that.

Comment

I give it to the old mongoose. He's the KO king. Archie will find the timing and angle,

Comment

Working...
                    X