No announcement yet.

enough.......ward won the fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    like this doesn't apply to you too, right? are you joking?

look at the scorecards, after the first 4 rounds the judges gave kovalev just one of the last 8? how is that possible? what did ward do besides wrestling and throwing one left hand at a time?
    it doesn't apply to me because i don't have a history of d*ck eating ether one of these fighters. you do.......go to my history on my profile. i said that i would like kovalov to win due to his style being more exciting. but he didn't........he simply didn't. i had ward winning a couple of the early rounds and then winning most of the mid to later rounds. which nicked it for him. how in the hell is that such a insane conclusion for this fight? BUT YOU and guys like YOU think that this was a robbery? dude come back to realty and away from nut hugging.......robbery? MOOOOOOOHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      you shouldnt 'steal' rounds from a champ, i thought the old saying was that you have to rip the belt away from a champion, not 'steal it' thought the benefit of the doubt when rounds are close goes to the aggressor/champion, obviously not anymore if its in america. Even taking away the bonus's for aggression, i still thought kovalev clearly won the fight.
      People call me a troll cause they dont like the fact that i dont portray myself as a boxing hipster, and that i say things as they are, if a fights a load of **** i will say so, if a fighter is overrated i will say so. andre ward is the golden boy on here and i said he wasnt as good as advertised, people seem to be shocked now that he didnt 'expose' kovalev.
      Ive never said hes **** but ive said hes not on the level of someone like mayweather, hes hittable and beatable and i thought he was beat last night. dont usually do the whole 'i told you so' routine but i got heavy ****ing heat for this prediction, racism accusations etc. as i said i do know boxing, a troll is someone like kigali, sugarkainehook, not bigdramashow.
      you are a troll........you've been a troll dude. ward indeed stole rounds from kovalov. literally stole them. kovalov won most of his rounds dominant because he has the heavier punch and he looked way bigger then ward. (this is whats clouding your mind on calling this fight a robbery. plus your obvious fanboying for kovalov really wanting him to win) ward had to stay compact & pick apart what ever he could pick at. it wasn't kovalov fighting the number one guy at cruiser it was ward fighting the number 1 guy at light heavyweight. WARDS back was against the wall fighting the bigger fighter. also......ward is a great fighter from last night. the guy showed heart. got up from a knock down that would have kept most down but got right to work and made kovalov look completely clueless at times. again.....WHERE IS THE ROBBERY AT?

Comment

Ward controlled the fight after the 3rd/4th round

3rd/4th could've went either way

I can say with surety that I can't give Kovalev a round after the 4th. Ward did better work on the inside/outside. Ward landed crisp head snapping jabs and punished sergey to the body. And oh yeah, Kovalev hit a lot of air after the 2nd round knockdown

Ward won the fight hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
          Ward controlled the fight after the 3rd/4th round

3rd/4th could've went either way

I can say with surety that I can't give Kovalev a round after the 4th. Ward did better work on the inside/outside. Ward landed crisp head snapping jabs and punished sergey to the body. And oh yeah, Kovalev hit a lot of air after the 2nd round knockdown

Ward won the fight hands down
          That Ward body jab....that regulated Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            The jab to the body, the power jab to the head that snapped his head back countless times, the right hook to the kidneys, the head movement, the slipping and countering, the punch thrown to the head that almost knocked Kovalev through the ropes....

Everything.

After that 3rd/4th round, Ward whitewashed him... The 3rd/4th could've went either way.

Sergey was hitting a lot of air...

The right man won

Comment

This fight kinda reminds me of manny-jmm 1...

A huge start for the puncher, but then the boxer comes back late and takes a bunch of rounds..

I thought kovolev clearly won the fight 115-112.. At best, ward could have had a draw but the knockdown would have swung it towards kovolev regardless.

Ward did a great job of focusing on the body of kovolev.. He kept jabbing to the body, slowly chipping away at kovolev.. After 4 rds, kovolev was only fighting in spurts, and most of his punches were arm punches, with the occasional flash that he showed early in the fight..

Both guys did great IMO.. Rematch will be interesting, because if ward doesn't get damaged earlier, he could get a clean decision over kovolev.. kovolev needs to stay busier and pace himself better..

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                The jab to the body, the power jab to the head that snapped his head back countless times, the right hook to the kidneys, the head movement, the slipping and countering, the punch thrown to the head that almost knocked Kovalev through the ropes....

Everything.

After that 3rd/4th round, Ward whitewashed him... The 3rd/4th could've went either way.

Sergey was hitting a lot of air...

The right man won
                Ward was catching Kovalev on the way out with rights to the body...and kidneys as you pointed out.

Ray Robinson should have a patent on that punch.
                Last edited by Kigali; 11-20-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Yes that was the key..

Ward all night long was using the jab to the body.. and you could see it slowly taking away kovolev's explosiveness..

2nd half of the fight, kovolev was slowed, and just following ward around the ring, not doing much

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                    It's confirmation bias by the Ward fans.

Instead of watching the fight like an objective observer, they were paying close attention to Ward and trying to give him every possible round they could because they picked him to win the fight. If you gave Ward every round from 6-12, you're not being honest with yourself.
                    Good post. And for me I had Kovalev winning this fight decisively. Just being an objective observer, really like both fighters. Biased judges and Vegas venue. Even Max Kellerman was watching a different fight giving Ward rounds that basically were gifts. Maybe he knew something and wanted to lessen the blow when the decision came at the end. They're both great technicians but Kovalev had the edge clearly IMHO.

Comment

Ward was catching Kovalev on the way out the way out with rights to the body...and kidneys as you pointed out.

Ray Robinson should have a patent on that punch.
                      Harold Lederman was smoking crack, but that was expected. This is the same guy that had Mayweather-Hatton being close before the stoppage.

Jim Lampley was literally almost in tears after the fight; he was biased, doe (sarcasm)

I remember Lampley saying Kovalev landed a good body shot. Ward turned around and landed 3 straight body shots in the next sequence, Lampley said nothing.

Lampley yelled Kovalev landed a big right hand, but when the replay played, Kovalev actually landed nothing but air like he had been doing from the 4th round on.

Ward won and rightfully so.

People don't understand that you need more than a 2nd round knockdown to win a fight

Comment

Working...
                      X