• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
    Nobody miss Ward.
    Best commentator hbo EVER had!

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      No, when T.B.E. left.
      Actually HBO died when the Feminists at the network wanted to get rid of Floyd because of the False domestic abuse charges.

I've been tell y'all this. It's Feminism. It's cancer. They don't want "Toxic Masculinity."

Comment

Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
        “When you heard his voice, you generally knew you were watching something important.“

That right there....as fans, we may not have always agreed with what he was calling during a fight but Jim Lampley will always be the voice of boxing.
        Yea I'd agree with this while being a guy who thought Jim was kinda an idiot at times & I've always felt he was a guy who wasn't really passionate about boxing like I feel the rest of the people on the HBO broadcast were.

But yea regardless of any opinion on Jim, his voice while you were watching boxing was a sign this was a higher quality, more elite version of the stuff we spend so much time watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
          I actually liked their crew besides Merchant. He wasnt professional and spoke with his emotions. Too biased for me.
          1000%. I never understood the Merchant love by some fans otherwise then his desire to sh^t talk boxers which is a thing a lot of fans love to do to, from the comfort of their couch or from behind the keyboard, for w/e reason far too often.

Comment

"If ego was a crime the Prince would be on deathrow" - Larry Merchant

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
              Anyway, I guess we've got Mauro Ranallo as the lead voice now - I'm giving him a chance and he's alright...just sometimes it seems like he'd rather be at an MMA or pro wrestling event, it comes across. Never had that issue when listening to Lampley
              I love Ranallo the man. He's a cat you gotta be kinda a dickhead to root against once you know his struggles & story...BUT if I'm honest I kinda hate him as an announcer for exactly the same reasons you bring up cuz he seems like a wrasslin guy working a boxing event more than a boxing guy working a boxing event.

I do respect his work ethic. The guy puts in massive time studying boxing than I suspect Lampley has done in years & I do enjoy a person announcing who's passionate, even if I'm not specifically feeling Ranallo's style of passionate that comes off more Bobby Heenan-ish (who I loved in wrasslin back in the day, but I don't think I'd love him in boxing) than Joe Rogan-ish (who I dig & think more announcers in boxing should be like).

Comment

And also getting Harold Lederman from touching a mic even for the 30 seconds he gets to touch it at a time won't be something I'll miss ever. Holy f#ck he's annoying & stupid & just outdated as f#ck in virtually every word he speaks.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  Best commentator hbo EVER had!
                  Lmao nah, Ward is just piece of shyt, nothing more

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                    The last HBO voice I cared about was Larry Merchant's. He was great.

It all went downhill after he left but I guess he knew it was a sinking ship.
                    Merchant was senile. The ship started to sink when T.B.E. left.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                      HBO were led by a team of White Supremacists in Lampley, Merchant and Lederman.

Old white men who oppressed their black slaves in Ward and RJJ.

I won't miss them at all. We need more guys like Stephen A Smith, who are the true oracle of the sweet science and slippery slickness.
                      steven ass smith sucks too.

Comment

Working...
                      X