No announcement yet.

Worst scorecard ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
    I don’t look at Ali-Young, Hagler-Leonard as bad decisions. Young’s style of fighting was just ugly for most of that bout. Just refusing to engage appearing afraid of Ali as he stuck his head out of the ring to avoid Ali’s blow once cornered. Historically you don’t win a hwt championship bout in that manner. Leonard-Hagler was a huge contrast of styles from two great champions. Close bout no doubt but no robbery. Once could say that Leonard’s speed made Hagler appear so slow in comparison.

Zarate-Pintor comes to mind as the fight where I and those around me had the strongest reaction to the decision. We were all going to immediately leave and not wait for the decision to be read as it was obvious Zarate won by a large margin. Everyone in the room went diligent and jaw dropped when Pintor was called the winner.
    Regarding Hagler-Leonard, it’s not the decision that was bad, but the 118-110 card was.

Comment

I could imagine that the speed and boxing skills of Leonard could make it appear he was winning many more rounds against the much slower plodding Hagler.

Comment

Working...
      X