Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please take off those rose-colored glasses oldheads.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    So Foreman can't beat a guy because the guy weighs over 300 pounds? That's a strange deduction, man.

Foreman was a beast in his day, crushing one foe after another with his clubbing, bruising power shots. Look what he did to Frazier, an ATG. How many ATGs has Miller crushed or will ever crush? Hard to picture that happening. I think it's shocking how so many proven ATGs are written off just for the sake of praising modern fighters. I mean, I really don't expect jack shlt from Miller. He's okay but I don't picture him beating Wilder or Joshua or ever picking up a belt and you fools are comparing him to Foreman. It's farcical.
    The very same thing that made Foreman a dangerous fighter, is the same exact thing that makes a guy like Miller a dangerous fighter, that's his size.

Foreman had major size advantages in his era and the guys that were around his size were nowhere near as skilled as a guy like AJ, Wilder or even Miller .

Miller would crush the 5'11 220lb Frazier with ease just like Foreman did.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
      HW is a different beast, but the top fighters in the past (HW or any division) were just flat-out better. They had more skills, fought more often, fought everyone (include proclaimed boogeymen), and fought for 15 rounds.

Foreman would murder Miller in quick fashion, but some extra large HWs would be difficult simply due to their size advantages.

At all other weight classes past champions were better. That's just the truth.

Take WW today where some people contend Danny Garcia, Shawn Porter, or Keith Thurman could be good in another era. These 3 are absolute trashcans - honestly.

Keith is actually the weakest of the 3 and he gets dropped and stopped in too many fights to count. Danny also gets dropped, possibly stopped, but he can go into survival mode better than the other two.

Porter smothers EVERYTHING so while he would always lose to anyone marginally better than a heavy bag...he probably doesnt get stopped since he plays a hybrid of Football, MMA, and Boxing, but he would go back to sparring level status

The majority of these guys in the 70's were literal construction workers, cab drivers, mechanics etc. You're talking about an era where guys were literally downing 12 packs and smoking packs of cigarettes every other day.

Foreman is a very limited boxer, his defense was HORRENDOUS, the thing that made him special was his sheer size and power. The same exact thing that made him an ATG in his era is the same exact thing multiple fighters possess in this era.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        The very same thing that made Foreman a dangerous fighter, is the same exact thing that makes a guy like Miller a dangerous fighter, that's his size.

Foreman had major size advantages in his era and the guys that were around his size were nowhere near as skilled as a guy like AJ, Wilder or even Miller .

Miller would crush the 5'11 220lb Frazier with ease just like Foreman did.

You sir, are a crack head.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post

You sir, are a crack head.
          So you think Foreman would've been the same fighter if he was 6'0 210lbs and didn't have his power?

Comment

If my grandma had a ****, she would be my grandpa.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
              These fools also think Duran would beat our TBE lmfao
              Nobody is beating 52-0 Wanheng Menayothin.

Comment

LMAO comparing Foreman to Miller, nice trolling

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                  These fools also think Duran would beat our TBE lmfao
                  Including Floyds father who was very unsure and didnt say Floyd would beat Duran when he was asked about it.

Comment

Kinematic chains supersede weight.

****in' sweet science they call it.

Comment

Size matters but you have to use it right. If you're tall and long you need skills and mentality for it or you'll be like Easter vs Garcia. If you're a big strong unit you need to press forward and get up close. But you need timing, headmovement, all sorts of other qualities Miller hasn't shown yet. If Miller tries to impose his size on Foreman that means moving straight into his power shots which is the worst approach against Foreman. Miller hasn't even faced an opponent with power yet to judge how he'll take it.

I do agree that Foreman couldn't just manhandle Miller, but I'd pick Wilder over Miller as well, I just feel Miller would have to spend too much time in the danger zone to make his style work and unless he shows to have an iron chin that would end badly for him. Also some of the stuff Foreman did that people call bullying was pinning an opponents arm for a second, pushing the head with one hand to line up a big shot with the other hand, that kind of thing can be done without a size/strength advantage if you're more skilled.

Comment

Working...
                      X