Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn says Wilder MUST sign a deal to fight AJ in April BEFORE fighting Fury in Dec!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh look another road block put up by hearn I'm surprised. Yawn

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25
      US is charged at what? 60 dollars... Ok sound maths. 60 bucks seems fair pricing given some of the US rip offs.

16.95 GBP is an AJ ppv which is just over 22 dollars . So .. 1 million PPV buys is $22+ million.

That's also saying the fight does 1 million . Wlad did 1.5.. and projections would likely show wilder Vs AJ would do more than that.

Based on the above UK PPV would generate higher money than US PPV based solely on the fact our buy rates have a higher multiplier than the discrepancy in ppv prices between the two territories.
      Yea. I corrected that in my last post when I found out it was $20 per ppv.

It would be higher in the U.S. because you you'd only need around 500k buys and you can sell it as PPV in the UK as well. You can't sell a UK ppv here at 6pm in the evening.

Comment

I don't see the fight happening til 2020. I think I was saying that after they couldn't agree to fight next back in the summer. Back then I felt it was on Hearn.

Now doe I think Hearn's stance makes sense cuz if they don't plan a fight asap they could end up getting a mando forced upon them. But on the otherhand I don't think its reasonable for Wilder's team to make a deal BEFORE what is the biggest fight of his career that'll give him more leverage in these talks & might just be the best W between both guys. Its a bad business decision for them to make a deal previous to that fight cuz they are limiting their upside by doing so more than likely.

So if they come to some conclusion here that delivers the fight for April I'll be surprised, but unlike last time around I can't really put the blame on either party cuz I see the reasoning from both sides this time.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          Ridiculous

Propaganda

It will be whyte next unless aj demands hearn stops the bs

Everybody except AJ seems to have caught on to Hearn's BS. Hearn says there is not much time, we need to sign now, there are mandatories, etc.

AJ says he has no mandatories coming up, and after Dec 1 he will sit down with the winner to negotiate the fight in April.

They aren't even on the same page. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I don't see the fight happening til 2020. I think I was saying that after they couldn't agree to fight next back in the summer. Back then I felt it was on Hearn.

Now doe I think Hearn's stance makes sense cuz if they don't plan a fight asap they could end up getting a mando forced upon them. But on the otherhand I don't think its reasonable for Wilder's team to make a deal BEFORE what is the biggest fight of his career that'll give him more leverage in these talks & might just be the best W between both guys. Its a bad business decision for them to make a deal previous to that fight cuz they are limiting their upside by doing so more than likely.

So if they come to some conclusion here that delivers the fight for April I'll be surprised, but unlike last time around I can't really put the blame on either party cuz I see the reasoning from both sides this time.
            He's not getting a mandatory forced on him. I wish I could find that video of Hearn after the Klitschko fight saying he'll be dictating to the sanctioning orgs about the mando's because AJ is now the breadwinner and they'll be losing money trying to force mando's on him.

Comment

Lewis Vs. Bowe II...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                He's not getting a mandatory forced on him. I wish I could find that video of Hearn after the Klitschko fight saying he'll be dictating to the sanctioning orgs about the mando's because AJ is now the breadwinner and they'll be losing money trying to force mando's on him.
                Good luck with that strategy with the IBF.

And maybe Hearn WAS in cahoots with that Povetkin mando being pulled while they were seemingly still talking to Wilder, but maybe not. I can't be coming with conspiracy theories on EVERYTHING in boxing so to me having a fight lined up sooner keeps Joshua from fighting a bs fight that even the UK fans give no f#cks about & as stated I think its bad business to make a deal from Wilder's POV pre-December. I'm sure there are people who are split all sorts of ways with these two angles & maybe don't buy either angle, but to me they both seem reasonable.

Comment

Wilder's stock goes thru the roof in a negotiation once he KO's Fury in Dec.
                  Hearn wants to sign the fight before "Bronze Bomber" is worth more & they have more of a split.

Which is why Hearn is belittling Fury all over social media post AJ/Pov.
                  (To make less of Wilder's soon to be highlight KO)
                  Last edited by Hatesrats; 09-23-2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Yea. I corrected that in my last post when I found out it was $20 per ppv.

It would be higher in the U.S. because you you'd only need around 500k buys and you can sell it as PPV in the UK as well. You can't sell a UK ppv here at 6pm in the evening.
                    I also deleted this post when I saw you'd already answered pal so dunno why it showed. Cheers for clarity though!

Wonder how many UK buys would be lost from changin a 10pm headliner to it being in the states and becoming a 4am headliner for us on the UK. I reckon a good...400k UK PPV would be lost. (We're a fickle bunch and hugely casual ) .

I reckon hearn charges 20 gbp for the wilder fight too instead of the usual 16.95 so that's 8 million gbp / 10.5 mil USD lost.

Either way.. lookin forward to December 1st beforehand

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                      I also deleted this post when I saw you'd already answered pal so dunno why it showed. Cheers for clarity though!

Wonder how many UK buys would be lost from changin a 10pm headliner to it being in the states and becoming a 4am headliner for us on the UK. I reckon a good...400k UK PPV would be lost. (We're a fickle bunch and hugely casual ) .

I reckon hearn charges 20 gbp for the wilder fight too instead of the usual 16.95 so that's 8 million gbp / 10.5 mil USD lost.

Either way.. lookin forward to December 1st beforehand
                      Joshua's fights have been £19.95 for his last 4 fights..... even Whyte/Parker was that price, Bellew/Haye etc

The price went up a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X