Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like Kovalev. His fans need to be honest with themselves.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Kovalev. His fans need to be honest with themselves.

Stop crying about low blows. Stop crying about robberies. Let's hope Kovalev gets his shit together and entertains us again. All of you guys gotta stop crying though. It's sad and lame.

can you stop crying about crying, when your perceived 'crying' isnt even crying

many thanks
    regards

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Stop crying about low blows. Stop crying about robberies. Let's hope Kovalev gets his shit together and entertains us again. All of you guys gotta stop crying though. It's sad and lame.
      That won't happen. I really find it hard to believe that Kovalev and his fans didn't do their research on Ward. Ward always finds a way to win. He knows how to play borderline dirty and get away with it. He's always been a master of this. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's his prerogative and if he fails and gets it wrong well it backfires on him and he'll have points deducted and possibly even be disqualified. That's just the way he's always been.

I refuse to believe 2 out of 2 times Kovalev was completely cheated. Absolute nonsense. The first was close. The second one, even with the borderline or even illegal low blows, where was he throughout the rest of the fight? He was getting beat. He gave up. He had the fight taken out of him even before the borderline blows.

I've always noticed how Ward fights isn't fan friendly or even purist friendly since the Super 6. He played dirty as hell with most of them even Froch. So why didn't Kovalev and his team prepare for that? It's their own fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
        That won't happen. I really find it hard to believe that Kovalev and his fans didn't do their research on Ward. Ward always finds a way to win. He knows how to play borderline dirty and get away with it. He's always been a master of this. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's his prerogative and if he fails and gets it wrong well it backfires on him and he'll have points deducted and possibly even be disqualified. That's just the way he's always been.

I refuse to believe 2 out of 2 times Kovalev was completely cheated. Absolute nonsense. The first was close. The second one, even with the borderline or even illegal low blows, where was he throughout the rest of the fight? He was getting beat. He gave up. He had the fight taken out of him even before the borderline blows.

I've always noticed how Ward fights isn't fan friendly or even purist friendly since the Super 6. He played dirty as hell with most of them even Froch. So why didn't Kovalev and his team prepare for that? It's their own fault.
        I think there is a lot wrong with that but I agree with the rest of what you said. The second fight ended on a low blow which to me is an inappropriate stoppage. Kovalev wasn't properly prepared. He was being roughed up but had no answers. Now we know how much turmoil was in the Kovalev camp. Kovalev has to take a big chunk of the blame for that. Anybody that fights Ward has to be prepared to get down and dirty or don't bother signing to fight him. I would advise anybody fighting Ward to hit him low, use your elbows etc. and don't wait for him to initiate the fouling.

Comment

Kovalev is the king of the division now that Ward is gone. Quote me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Good post...but I just saw Kovalev getting his hands wrapped lookin' like he needs a drink...red in the cheeks, shaky...

He will probably win tonight, but he is done at the highest level...

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
              Good post...but I just saw Kovalev getting his hands wrapped lookin' like he needs a drink...red in the cheeks, shaky...
              Really, a 10 second clip of his hands getting wrapped gave you all this?

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post

An alcoholic knocked down and beat your best boy in andre ward

think about that for a second

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                  Really, a 10 second clip of his hands getting wrapped gave you all this?
                  Pretty much...that, on top of knowing his history with alcohol and the fact Ward ruined him and his "killer krusher" mystique...

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    An alcoholic knocked down and beat your best boy in andre ward

think about that for a second
                    It says Ward beat Kovalev twice in a row in the books...the 2nd by stoppage...

That is, and will always be, The Story of Ward-Kovalev.

Must suck to be you right now...

Comment

Working...
                    X