Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is a division considered "weak" when there is 1 dominant champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When he dosen't have a name such as jones, tyrone, gerald, or jermaine and a dark skin tone then to some fans it is.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      A division is "weak" if it fits someone's argument on here.

There is no real barometer.

What makes a strong division is lots of even competition and elite competition at that or close to it.

I have been around boxing for a while though and thus rely heavily on my knowledge and recognition of the sport over resumes or marketability of fighters, wheras casuals tend to judge only by marketability first, resume second, and have no ability to use the eye test. That's why to a casual, a division with no names is a weak division. To me, a division can be full of "names" and be weak.

Right now, I consider the ww division weak, and the hw division strong, for example.
      160 is one of the best divisions out there. It has two fighters in the p4p list. Only other division that has that is 175.

GGG-P4P list
      Jacobs-elite level
      Canelo-P4p list
      Sergey derevevchenko-big prospect
      Khytrov-big prospect
      BJS
      Eubanks jr

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
        160 is one of the best divisions out there. It has two fighters in the p4p list. Only other division that has that is 175.

GGG-P4P list
        Jacobs-elite level
        Canelo-P4p list
        Sergey derevevchenko-big prospect
        Khytrov-big prospect
        BJS
        Eubanks jr
        I could name 10 better fighters than Canelo in my sleep. I won't acknowledge that one.

I never said it was a weak or strong one, I gave the other two divisions as examples. I stayed away from that division on purpose, to avoid rabbit hole conversations like the one you are trying to make here.

Comment

Working...
        X