No announcement yet.

The differences between a fight fan a cheerleader/fanboy and a hater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    When it comes to GGG you are a hater or you would not put his head on Broner's body.
    I didnt make the gif, I just thought it was funny

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Broner was Larry's next Floyd. He had high hopes for him and was expecting to be celebrating him as the fighter of the decade. I can understand why he has put the face on Broner. It can't be easy when your favorite fighter is a meme.
      I didnt make the gif

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Yeah I was thinking that. This board is all about GGG and the haters are more obsessed than the fans. It's a strange obsession. Some guys like Robbie Barrett for example go to sleep thinking GGG and wake up thinking him.
        yeah. robbie barrett actually stopped posting for a while (thankfully) but now that ggg has lost hes on here posting more than ever.

Comment

I am not a true fight fan. In fact about the only sport I probably say I love is football. But even then I'm not watching just any game.

I really enjoy top level boxing though I hate the judging (and no this isn't just because of this last fight). I think the judging in boxing is off putting and I know I am not alone.

There are simply too many things I have to do and I want to do then watch all the boxing.

Comment

i just think you should know the rules. its really not that hard to learn. 2 minutes maybe? blatantly ignoring clinching, headbutting, holding and hitting, wrestling, and low blowing puts you solidly in the fanboy category. they won't even admit it happens! it would be one thing to say wow that was a pretty dirty fight and he got away with a lot of fouls but they pretend they aren't fouls. come on fanboys you go too far with your love

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I disagree with your definitions all around.

To me a fanboy is the type who is all up on someone's nuts & comes up with illogical arguments on why that guy lost a fight or why any moves he makes are always good & never bad.

I think its fine to like a guy of your nationality or w/e (I'm always pro-Michigan fighters, but I'm logical & reasonable in my stances on them) as long as you are reasonable with things he does or doesn't do. Its when you act like a fighter can do no wrong when you drift into fanboy territory.

I also think a hater doesn't need to hate because or race or w/e. You can just hate a guy for a random reason. And its basically the exact opposite of a fanboy. You find an excuse for how he won any fight he won or at least the biggest ones to attempt to minimize their status in your & others eyes. Any move they make in the business you'll find a reason its the wrong move.

And I think a true fight fan is in the middle of these two types of fans. He just enjoys the sport at w/e level the guys are at that are fighting. He'll enjoy the biggest fights in the game down to the 4 rounders with pro debuters.
              Yea, there's nothing wrong with liking a fighter thats from your region or race/ethnicity or nationality I just said if thats the sole reason and if so you will be illogical about it. You basically said what I said just worded it differently and pointed out details that go with the description. You did point out something else about haters...it could just be random and Ill add another one, they could be influenced by certain narratives.

Comment

Working...
              X