Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime Viewership Went Down During Lara-Gausha Main Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
    I agree but rigo used to fight way too defensive, Thats why top rank broke ties with him because the fights were boring. I think he realized that and is trying to knock everyone out so he can win over some fans
    This! At first, Rigo didn't seem to care but after seeing other boxers get more fans and make more money by taking more risks, he realized that's the only way he's gonna make it big(Probably why he took the Lomachenko fight despite having disadvantages)

Comment

Lara is who he is. How long are people just going to cry about him?

If you put him in the ring against another elite fighter that can present a matchup problem for Lara’s style then we will see more action.

Lara is a title holder, is paid well and has no competitors that can give him problems. There’s no incentive for him to go outside of his comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        Lara is who he is. How long are people just going to cry about him?

If you put him in the ring against another elite fighter that can present a matchup problem for Lara’s style then we will see more action.

Lara is a title holder, is paid well and has no competitors that can give him problems. There’s no incentive for him to go outside of his comfort zone.
        PBC should've made Lara/Gaushau the opening fight and made Charlo/Lubin the last fight given the fact that the Charlo and Lubin have star potential while Lara is what he is and Gausha has a far lower profile.

Frankly, this imo was inexcusable for the PBC team to not plan this better. Lara, while highly skilled, should NEVER headline a major card at this stage of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          PBC should've made Lara/Gaushau the opening fight and made Charlo/Lubin the last fight given the fact that the Charlo and Lubin have star potential while Lara is what he is and Gausha has a far lower profile.

Frankly, this imo was inexcusable for the PBC team to not plan this better. Lara, while highly skilled, should NEVER headline a major card at this stage of his career.
          I feel the situation would've been better resolved simply by swapping the opponents in the top two bouts. Lara vs Charlo and Lubin vs Gausha. Of course Lara is going to headline since he's #1 and has the biggest purse, the problem is the opponent. Gausha wasn't mandatory so I don't even know why he was picked

Santa Cruz and Mares should have been fighting each other on the FOX show too. Poor match-making all round last Saturday

Comment

I didn't finish the fight, but it wasn't any worse than Rigo vs Agbeko, which conspiracy theorists blamed on Bob Arum trying to make Rigo look bad lol. Where you guys at now? to slander schaefer or dibella or whoever the **** the stand-in manikin for Haymon was.

I think it was brilliant putting this on as the last fight, a nice farewell goodnight. The problem is Lara is getting too many pointless fights - put him in with a threat already, otherwise don't put him on.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              I feel the situation would've been better resolved simply by swapping the opponents in the top two bouts. Lara vs Charlo and Lubin vs Gausha. Of course Lara is going to headline since he's #1 and has the biggest purse, the problem is the opponent. Gausha wasn't mandatory so I don't even know why he was picked

Santa Cruz and Mares should have been fighting each other on the FOX show too. Poor match-making all round last Saturday
              That's a good idea. Definitely a better card and sets up the next card. Much better idea than mine.

Absolutely. I posted how happy I was that SHO rejected that card when my boy LSC decided he needed a tune up. Pissed me off.

Looking at everything, card should've been:

Lubin/Gausha 10 rds
              Charlo/Lara 12 rds
              LSC/Mares 12 rds

Maybe do Hurd/Trout on a Tuesday card.

I mean is it that f-cking difficult?

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                would it help or hurt boxing if lara is not on tv anymore?
                it'll be ok if he wants to fight, just don't let him stink the show anymore, put him on the non televised undercard.
                That's what they used to do with Ivan Calderon.

Comment

but but but GGG ducked Lara doe

Comment

didnt mind this being the main event...for once i wasn't straining to stay up late for a main event lol

Comment

Originally posted by RyanjLarose View Post
                      didnt mind this being the main event...for once i wasn't straining to stay up late for a main event lol
                      Lara in the main event does have advantage for viewers who doesn't want to stay up late.
                      The wait for the real cards is not long.

Comment

Working...
                      X