Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the majority of American boxing fans still think Pac-Horn was a ROBBERY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do the majority of American boxing fans still think Pac-Horn was a ROBBERY?

I noticed that anyone who likely watched the fight on ESPN still call this fight a robbery. When the rest of the world saw a close fight that could have gone either way.

Are people still influenced by commentary? You would think that the majority of us being hard-core boxing fans wouldn't be influenced. The compubox numbers for that fight are garbage.

Horn's work wasn't always neat or technically great, but he was seriously effective and landed clean hurtful punches in the majority of the rounds. Yes he was very physical, overly at times, and used that to his advantage, but that shouldn't come into the scoring, it's a separate conversation about tactics, the only thing you can argue is whether a point or two deduction would have influenced the score.

This fight was NOT a robbery.

I see Horn brings handful for any WW, his physical strength, chin, durability, and heart are elite, and for that reason he is underrated.

we get it, crawford is fighting horn so must hype horn up so that when crawford wins, it'll be seen as a legit win. we get it.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      I noticed that anyone who likely watched the fight on ESPN still call this fight a robbery. When the rest of the world saw a close fight that could have gone either way.

Are people still influenced by commentary? You would think that the majority of us being hard-core boxing fans wouldn't be influenced. The compubox numbers for that fight are garbage.

Horn's work wasn't always neat or technically great, but he was seriously effective and landed clean hurtful punches in the majority of the rounds. Yes he was very physical, overly at times, and used that to his advantage, but that shouldn't come into the scoring, it's a separate conversation about tactics, the only thing you can argue is whether a point or two deduction would have influenced the score.

This fight was NOT a robbery.

I see Horn brings handful for any WW, his physical strength, chin, durability, and heart are elite, and for that reason he is underrated.
      Stop trying to throw American fight fans under the bus. How you came to that conclusion is beyond me. Bud is going to whoop his ass like he stole something. You won’t have to worry about this fight being close lol...

Comment

I don't think american fans were the ones calling it a robbery, I saw the fight just based on the rumours and didn't even think it was close to any recent robberies.

Comment

Ive only watched it the one time but I thought Pac clearly won the fight.

Comment

I had Pac winning. Can't remember my card, i think it was 8-4 or something like that.

Comment

american? you mean boxing fan's? pac clearly won, if fights were scored on headlocks, headbutts and elbows then yeah Horn would of rightly won. And this is coming from someone who was saying Horn would not be blasted out early and was tough and skilled when everyone said he was a random bum.

Comment

Yes, people are influenced by commentary. A big reason why idiots still think Wilder got special treatment in the Ortiz fight because the commentators, Al Berstein and Paul Malianaggi, were ignorant of New York state commission rules. So idiots keep pushing that fake news. Jim Lampley will call out "big right hand" to single to the audience their favorite fighter has landed a significant punch, despite it not actually landing. It's part of the game that we should not accept.

Comment

Didn't really get all the pacterds that complained that Horn got robbed. Same thing with Bradley. Bias'd commentary people can't think for themselves. You can say it was a close fight but robbery is just silly. Pacman got pinned against the ropes and bullied by the bigger fighter.

Glad that doofus Atlas got taken off of commentary. So disrespectful with his hateful bias'd interview to horn.

Comment

American here, I thought Horn won.

Comment

Working...
                    X