No announcement yet.

The Official Lavar Ball master thread!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    Even if it's true, I don't think they can sustain that sale.. a few thousand idiots with money would buy but that's it..
    Ok. And how many other athletes out here sold 4000 shoes without the help of a major shoe company?

Comment

priced for the inner city folk

Comment

How many of you suckers are going to wait in line to buy one? Lol

Shoes nowadays are ugly and made of low quality stuff.

Back in 91, we had PUMPS. Now that was the real deals

Comment

The shoes will end up in Big 5 for $30.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
            The shoes will end up in Big 5 for $30.

(I buy the majority of my athletic kicks from Big 5 these days.)

I'm not mad at the hustle, honestly.

But these shoe contracts these super star players get these days rival their NBA contracts.

If Lonzo turns out to be a bust, are we going to have a ESPN 30 for 30 with the narrator saying What if I told you people bought $500 sneakers?

Comment

It's not possible for me to dislike anyone more than how much I dislike Lavar Ball.

Comment

Those are sh^tty, cheap looking shoes, but respect to whoever this guy is who I don't know on his newly found cashflow if he's legit made 2.2M in 3hrs with them.

Is this guy an athlete for some non-hitting people in the head sport that I ain't got time to care about or just some entrepreneur?

Comment

You'd think this was some normal rejection where you want to feel bad about the Ball family and are happy that they started their own shoe. The reality is Nike was actually interested, but the caveman Lavar priced himself out, asking for a billion dollars and asking for other stupid stipulations without his son even being signed yet. He was trying to boss around Nike, Addidas, and Under Armour so they told him to go away. But Nike was indeed interested, Lavar ruined it though.

Those are some ugly shoes that I would not even wear if you gave them to me for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Those are sh^tty, cheap looking shoes, but respect to whoever this guy is who I don't know on his newly found cashflow if he's legit made 2.2M in 3hrs with them.

Is this guy an athlete for some non-hitting people in the head sport that I ain't got time to care about or just some entrepreneur?
                    He's a father of 3 sons that play basketball. His oldest son just finished at UCLA and entered the NBA draft. His two younger sons are in high school. He played college ball and averaged 2.2 ppg. That's all. So how did he end up on TV and everybody talking about him and his sons? Because he's a marketing genius. His two younger boys are popular on youtube for pulling up at the half court line and shooting three's in games. ESPN Sportscenter have shown their highlights. They aren't even considered the best high school players in the nation but they're the most famous. The father has been on ESPN first take twice. He's been on Fox Sports. He's been on national radio shows. They've had stories written about them by every major sports publication. He said back in his day he would've beat Jordan one-on-one. Remember, he averaged 2.2 ppg in college. He's called out Barkley, Lebron James, Jordan, Shaq, said his kids are better than Step Curry and Lebron James. And all these people have responeded (except Jordan) to this no name guy. He went Nike an asking for a branding deal, not a sponsorship for his son. He wanted to be partners with Nike. He didn't want his kids just getting paid to wear their shoes. Nike rejected him and George Ravelling called Lavar Ball the worst thing to happen to basketball in 100 years. Everybody laughed about him being rejected by Nike. So yesterday he released his son's shoe and put a $500 price tag on it. Of course those shoes ain't worth that much. But you know what happened? ESPN Sportscenter talked about it. NBA on TNT talked about it. Fox Sports talked about it. All the nationally syndicated sports shows talked about it. The local shows talked about it. He was trending #1 on Twitter. Everybody on Facebook talked about it. He put out a tweet and a video announcing the release of the shoes. He's gotten tens of millions in free advertising. But some people think he's stupid.

I read a scouting report on him from his coach when he transferred to Washington to play basketball. The coach said Lavar is a great teammate and an even better student who works hard and does whatever is asked of him. He graduated from Washington and his wife is also a college graduate. They live in a nice neighborhood in the suburbs of LA. He was raised in south central LA. But a lot of people think he's stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      He's a father of 3 sons that play basketball. His oldest son just finished at UCLA and entered the NBA draft. His two younger sons are in high school. He played college ball and averaged 2.2 ppg. That's all. So how did he end up on TV and everybody talking about him and his sons? Because he's a marketing genius. His two younger boys are popular on youtube for pulling up at the half court line and shooting three's in games. ESPN Sportscenter have shown their highlights. They aren't even considered the best high school players in the nation but they're the most famous. The father has been on ESPN first take twice. He's been on Fox Sports. He's been on national radio shows. They've had stories written about them by every major sports publication. He said back in his day he would've beat Jordan one-on-one. Remember, he averaged 2.2 ppg in college. He's called out Barkley, Lebron James, Jordan, Shaq, said his kids are better than Step Curry and Lebron James. And all these people have responeded (except Jordan) to this no name guy. He went Nike an asking for a branding deal, not a sponsorship for his son. He wanted to be partners with Nike. He didn't want his kids just getting paid to wear their shoes. Nike rejected him and George Ravelling called Lavar Ball the worst thing to happen to basketball in 100 years. Everybody laughed about him being rejected by Nike. So yesterday he released his son's shoe and put a $500 price tag on it. Of course those shoes ain't worth that much. But you know what happened? ESPN Sportscenter talked about it. NBA on TNT talked about it. Fox Sports talked about it. All the nationally syndicated sports shows talked about it. The local shows talked about it. He was trending #1 on Twitter. Everybody on Facebook talked about it. He put out a tweet and a video announcing the release of the shoes. He's gotten tens of millions in free advertising. But some people think he's stupid.

I read a scouting report on him from his coach when he transferred to Washington to play basketball. The coach said Lavar is a great teammate and an even better student who works hard and does whatever is asked of him. He graduated from Washington and his wife is also a college graduate. They live in a nice neighborhood in the suburbs of LA. He was raised in south central LA. But a lot of people think he's stupid.
                      Thanks for the detailed response. And respect to this cat. Wow cool story and for sure he's not stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X