No announcement yet.

Purses: Wilder $20 mil guarantee. Ortiz $7 mil guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purses: Wilder $20 mil guarantee. Ortiz $7 mil guarantee

Per the Nevada State Athletic Commission, here are the official contract purses for Saturday night’s PBC/Fox PPV card in Las Vegas: Deontay Wilder $3 million (but his guarantee is really about $20 million), Luis Ortiz $1.5 million (but his guarantee is closer to $7 million), Leo Santa Cruz $750k, Miguel Flores $100k, Brandon Figueroa $200k, Julio Ceja $50k, Luis Nery $300k, Emmanuel Rodriguez $75k

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 11-22-2019, 05:01 PM.

Whoa, maybe Ellerbe was right and Wilder will end up making more money going this route quicker than we thought. I have no idea, nor do I care, but this is sure to make people upset. I look forward to the comments

Comment

Good for Wilder. He is well taken care of.

Comment

This is almost $29 mil in purses. There is NO MUTHAFCKN way IMO this fight sells enough to cover the purse guarantees. This is going to suck for the sport, especially coming off the heels of Canelo/Kov losing money.

If the most known American HWT and the sport's cash cow with a huge Mexican fanbase are losing huge sums of money in Vegas this sport is in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          This is almost $29 mil in purses. There is NO MUTHAFCKN way IMO this fight sells enough to cover the purse guarantees. This is going to suck for the sport, especially coming off the heels of Canelo/Kov losing money.

If the most known American HWT and the sport's cash cow with a huge Mexican fanbase are losing huge sums of money in Vegas this sport is in trouble.
          Once they start losing money the fighters purses will start adjusting to reflect that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

How much that fight lose?

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
              How much that fight lose?
              I don't know exactly how much but from what I've read they lost money.

Comment

This PPV is gonna bomb like Hiroshima.
                (Hopefully this dont backfire on the PBC & Wilder vs. The old man)

Comment

All I know is i doubt anyone on here even comes close to making 1 million in a year and are arguing over how many millions fighters make in 36 minutes....what happened to men?

Comment

If Wilder is getting 20 million why is it officially 3 with 20 in brackets? If its 20 just say 20, what was the reason of saying 3 if its 20?

Comment

Working...
                    X