No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Martin: This Has Just Given Me More Confidence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    He will be the next IBF mandatory after Pulev now. So he is ahead of a lot of other guys, whenever that mando gets called.

Which will take a while obviously. But still.

understood. but im just saying, theres still 4 or 5 fights between him and getting a title shot. the champs wanna fight each other, and anyone who can either pass a drug test, or is #1 mando; wants to fight one of them before this happens.
    throw possible future rematches into the mix as well.
    he wont get a title shot this year. maybe not next year either.
    theres a few people in this exact same scenario. a traffic jam of boxers, if you will.
    it sucks, but it could be worse, a lot worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
      Martin has come a long way since being booed by the crowd after the AJ fight.

You gotta respect that. Prince Charles is going for the big fights.
      How’s the ear you big dosser?

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
        Martin has come a long way since being booed by the crowd after the AJ fight.

You gotta respect that. Prince Charles is going for the big fights.
        How is your ear champ ?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          How is your ear champ ?
          It's bad, man.

Mark Breland is learning sign language so he can still communicate with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
            Martin, unfortunately, isn't going anywhere.

If he's deluding himself into getting to the top again, he might be in for a very rude awakening sooner than later.
            FFS the guy just scored a heavyweight KO and he's trying to make a living and feed his family. Why do you have to be such a know-it-all azz. Oh, I know - 'cus you've never laced em up in your life. Punk

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
              FFS the guy just scored a heavyweight KO and he's trying to make a living and feed his family. Why do you have to be such a know-it-all azz. Oh, I know - 'cus you've never laced em up in your life. Punk
              I appreciate Martin as a human being, but he's a B-level fighter. Of course he's better than yours truly on that ring. Does this mean that he will defeat A-level heavies? No, for me. You think I should not say this? Who gives a fůck.

BTW, that "feed his family" bullshět has become the commonplace in vogue in boxing. Change your tune, man - that one is worn out by now.
              Last edited by Tatabanya; 02-23-2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Don't want to see him v Joshua again not sure how well that'll go and he's not gonna do well v fury worry should fight him to rebuild his confidence

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  He will be the next IBF mandatory after Pulev now. So he is ahead of a lot of other guys, whenever that mando gets called.

Which will take a while obviously. But still.
                  Kownacki is right behind him at the #3 spot. I'm wondering if he will be forced to fight Kownacki in a final eliminator? Their first fight was close but could have been different if it was scheduled for 12 & not 10 rounds. Kownacki is fighting Helenius in a WBA eliminator soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonduu View Post
                    How’s the ear you big dosser?
                    LOL!!! Oh my... that's gotta hurt. LOL!!!!!

Comment

That was a VERY poor quality fight..... both Washington and Martin should pack it up, go home..... neither of them are good enough to break into the top 10 and get stopped by any one with a pulse.

Comment

Working...
                      X