No announcement yet.

If Froch wants a Vegas fight why doesn't he avenge his Ward defeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KFC View Post
    According to Froch he wants a Vegas fight (see below) so they picked Chavez.jr but there have been negotiation problems so why not fight Ward he is free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIrS8peqllE

If Froch wants a Vegas fight why doesn't he avenge his Ward defeat. I mean he is the No.8 p4p fighter and Ward is the No.2 p4p fighter.

Two top 10 fighters facing each other could sell out the MGM what do you think.

Ward.
    Can't.
    Fight.
    Right.
    Now.
    Or.
    Anytime.
    Soon.

When will people get this? When his Goosen suit resolved, sweat this. Until then, Froch CAN'T fight him nor can anyone else. Period.

Comment

Because he can't avenge it, and in fairness, he usually admits as such.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Ward.
        Can't.
        Fight.
        Right.
        Now.
        Or.
        Anytime.
        Soon.

When will people get this? When his Goosen suit resolved, sweat this. Until then, Froch CAN'T fight him nor can anyone else. Period.
        Because Ward seems to believe he can, so other people choose to believe him.

I don't. You don't sue your promoter over and over, to the point the promoter sues you back, and get anything resembling a good fight during that process.

Comment

Froch knows he can't beat Ward. He tried and he didn't come close enough to even give him hope that he'd win in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Because Ward seems to believe he can, so other people choose to believe him.

I don't. You don't sue your promoter over and over, to the point the promoter sues you back, and get anything resembling a good fight during that process.
            Ward is selling his side of the story IMO

Comment

Everytime I hear Ward give an interview the only sense I get is that he is going to wait his contract out.

Comment

Andre Ward still fights?

Comment

what is going on with chavez jr btw

Comment

Originally posted by KFC View Post
                    According to Froch he wants a Vegas fight (see below) so they picked Chavez.jr but there have been negotiation problems so why not fight Ward he is free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIrS8peqllE

If Froch wants a Vegas fight why doesn't he avenge his Ward defeat. I mean he is the No.8 p4p fighter and Ward is the No.2 p4p fighter.

Two top 10 fighters facing each other could sell out the MGM what do you think.

Sure, Froch can wait until 2020 when Ward decides that the 9th time that he has sued Goosen is enough. I am a Ward fan but he is killing his own career. Froch is not going to wait for Ward's ridiculous legal challenges to end, nor should he.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      He would only fight Chavez in Vegas due to the money, fame and and hype and to be frank Ward wouldn't bring anything close to that for Froch to fight him there.

leave it to a foreigner to overstate the value of chavez in defense of the duck of ward.

chavez didn't do all that much better in ratings against vera than ward did against rodriguez. a bit less than 1.4 vs 1.2 million respectively.

chavez is an appealing fight because it is easy, not because it is an egregiously bigger fight.

ward does very well in ratings on hbo. his problem is that he can't get out of his contract with goossen. it is no small issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X