Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can the Top Rank and GBP beef last?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Rank has Abregu. Also Mayfield, but fuck Mayfield.

Edit: meant abregu, not dulorme.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-25-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

It pisses me off thinking about it because there are so many great fights to be made. Hopefully it ends and soon because I want to see Provodnikov vs Garcia or Broner.

Comment

Damn how do all of your forget that the beef hasnt been going on forever,,,

does nobody remember from 07-09 when they made many fights together:
        shane-cotto
        cotto-gomez
        shane-margs
        oscar-manny
        manny-hatton
        jmm-manny 2

They made alot of fights till GBP tried to lure manny away during the hatton fight, and TR got pissed and they havent done business since..
        But for 2 years they gave us great fights, and when everyone was working together to make the biggest fights possible,, Someone was in a fake "retirement" and ducked out of all the big fights, only to comeback once the beef had started

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          I don't agree. Why people act like it's all Arum's fault?

The same **** could be said the other way around. As long as Schaefer is alive, they will have beef.

Y'all need to drop this promotion company fanboyism bull****. Everyone involved is at fault. Everyone.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          GBP offered Top Rank $3 million for Donaire to fight Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Damn how do all of your forget that the beef hasnt been going on forever,,,

does nobody remember from 07-09 when they made many fights together:
            shane-cotto
            cotto-gomez
            shane-margs
            oscar-manny
            manny-hatton
            jmm-manny 2

They made alot of fights till GBP tried to lure manny away during the hatton fight, and TR got pissed and they havent done business since..
            But for 2 years they gave us great fights, and when everyone was working together to make the biggest fights possible,, Someone was in a fake "retirement" and ducked out of all the big fights, only to comeback once the beef had started

That isn't how it went at all~

The GBP suitcase of cash thing happened way before that and all those fights took place after all that got mediated out with Manny staying with Top Rank and GBP getting a cut. They fell out again with the big fight fallout with both sides trying to make the other look bad in that situation which has been the status quo ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
              Top Rank Specifically has VERY limited options at 147.
              Pacquiao, Alvarado, Provdo, Marquez,Rios, Bradley....
              Cotto (although 154)....it's only so many times they guys can get passed back and fourth.

GBP has
              Mayweather, Broner, Thurman, Khan, Devon, Kell Brook, Collazo, Ortiz, Guerrero, Mosley, Paulie, Berto and maybe Danny and Matthyse soon....but even they might run out of opponents sooner or later.

With the LIMITED Top Rank roster, how long can Arum afford to let this beef last.
              hopefully this much.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                That isn't how it went at all~

The GBP suitcase of cash thing happened way before that and all those fights took place after all that got mediated out with Manny staying with Top Rank and GBP getting a cut. They fell out again with the big fight fallout with both sides trying to make the other look bad in that situation which has been the status quo ever since.
                Im pretty sure they tried to get manny during the hatton fight,, when was it then the whole manny situation??
                You may be right,, i was always under the assumption that it started there because they never made any big fights after that point

Anyways,, they did make fights together for 2 years and gave us great moments, so i think it will happen again, especially after floyd and manny are no longer top dogs,, Then both sides will be in need of big fights and i think you will see them do business again

Comment

it's a business competition...both companies want a bigger share of the pie that's why they're beefing.

and as long as they make profit out of what they have, they won't see the need to let their fighters fight each other.

they would stop beefing when one of them becomes really much bigger than the other one and the smaller promoter has no choice but to bow down. right now they're pretty much equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Im pretty sure they tried to get manny during the hatton fight,, when was it then the whole manny situation??
                    You may be right,, i was always under the assumption that it started there because they never made any big fights after that point

Anyways,, they did make fights together for 2 years and gave us great moments, so i think it will happen again, especially after floyd and manny are no longer top dogs,, Then both sides will be in need of big fights and i think you will see them do business again
                    No all that was settled by then. I would have to look it up and I am feeling lazy but it was like 04-05 because that led to a similar situation as now and it took years for it to get settled. Basically GBP met Manny at the airport pulled him into a limo and got him to sign a contract by giving him a suitcase full of cash, he then met with Arum and signed a contract with them and said he didn't mean to sign the GBP contract so that obviously caused a huge mess between the companies.

They can make fights again they just need to settle their differences that caused the beef this time which is the big fight, if they can work that out all the other dominoes will fall for a few years until they start beefing again. IF they can't work together for the biggest possible pie how can they work together for smaller ones and neither side wants to give the other control in the smaller pie fights.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                      It pisses me off thinking about it because there are so many great fights to be made. Hopefully it ends and soon because I want to see Provodnikov vs Garcia or Broner.
                      You aren't alone, I've been wanting Ruslan vs. Broner as well

Comment

Working...
                      X