Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nervous moments when watching a live fight..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This example isn't when I watched live but:

One of mine was when Froch knocked down Taylor for the first time in the last round of their fight and he got up!! I knew Froch was behind on the cards and there was 30secs left! He didn't rush in at all (like some boxers would). He took his time and picked his shots to finish Taylor, but while he was taking his time I was screaming at the TV for him to hurry up and finish him!

A KO with 14 secs left in the last round of a fight my fighter was behind in, doesn't get much more nervous than that.
    Last edited by Sage84; 12-19-2012, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      I thought Martinez had gotten too manly and was about to get KO'd by Chavez.

That was a shock.
      I was shocked when he got knocked down but after he got up I just felt he would be ok. I don't know why but even when they went to war in that last round I didn't fear for Martinez, I thought he had enough to see it through even though he was hurt. I honestly don't know why I felt like that, Martinez was clearly in danger. It was just a gut feeling, I just ended up waiting for the final bell rather than getting nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
        This example isn't when I watched live but:

One of mine was when Froch knocked down Taylor for the first time in the last round of their fight and he got up!! I knew Froch was behind on the cards and there was 30secs left! He didn't rush in at all (like some boxers would). He took his time and picked his shots to finish Taylor, but while he was taking his time I was screaming at the TV for him to hurry up and finish him!

A KO with 14 secs left in the last round of a fight my fighter was behind in, doesn't get much more nervous than that.
        Yea I didn't expect that in the dying seconds

Comment

even though marquez won, nerves were def going on pre-fight, knowing pac had the power to drop him. pacquaio was getting the better of him. pacman looked determined to win that night.

martinez getting dropped in the last round against chavez was huge. he got up like he had something left, but he was completely open for more big shots. chavez just didn't follow up, but man the remainder of that round was crazy.

even though it was a lackluster fight, i was a bit nervous for carlos molina fighting kirkland. dude turned it up in the last round of their fight and dropped him. molina got back up like he wasn't hurt, but in my mind i was like "oh shit, kirkland's going to turn it on now!".

mayweather/mosley cause i thought mosley's only chance was in the beginning rounds. i expected him to throw bombs from the get go. everyone knows what happened in that 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            even though marquez won, nerves were def going on pre-fight, knowing pac had the power to drop him. pacquaio was getting the better of him. pacman looked determined to win that night.

martinez getting dropped in the last round against chavez was huge. he got up like he had something left, but he was completely open for more big shots. chavez just didn't follow up, but man the remainder of that round was crazy.
            estos......... Going into the 11th round he was starting to slow down and he was getting caught more and more frequently. By the end of the 11th I was saying how all he had to do was stay on his feet.... then he got dropped. one of the worst feelings ever.. my heart sank LoL

Comment

Definitely my heart rate sped up like a mo'fo when Shane clocked Floyd. I just went quite while my housemates were going crazy. My dude came back like a true champ though & dominated Shane.

Another one was Froch in the last round against Taylor. I couldn't believe it and I thought Froch was going to lose the title and to end it the way he did was unreal.

The last one was probably the Martinez one though. I saw him get clocked and I was screaming at my laptop for him to hold on...soon as he hit the canvas I thought that's it, it's over. I felt bad for the dude and then he comes back and fights his ass off like a true warrior. Beast mode.

Comment

Way to many fights to mention I always get nervous when my favourite fighters are fighting!! Juan v Pac has to be the best result ive had in years tho!!!

Comment

I didn't get nervous when Shane caught Mayweather, but the final round of Martinez vs Chavez nearly killed me after the previos 11 rounds of schoolin'. When the final bell rang and Sergio was still standing I nearly cried

Comment

I get nervous about almost every big fight.

Even if there isn't a fighter I'm really a fan of, I just always get nerves for whatever reason. Yuri causes me concern when he get's too confident and starts those crazy combo's, Sergio also in that 12th round...that was 2 minutes of nervous shouting at the telly.

Comment

When my favorite fighters fight I not only get nervous but I sit at the edge of my seat and I don't want anyone talking or touching me. I love to be focused on the fight, but one of the most nervous moments this year was round 12 of Martinez/Jr. It seemed like a lifetime for Sergio to get up. I was really happy he did and kept exchanging. That really showed the heart of a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X