No announcement yet.

Wach and roll is dead: No wach-wlad fight this year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wach and roll is dead: No wach-wlad fight this year

You can all quit your bellyaching about Wach: he's back in October but not against Wlad.

www.globalboxing.com

Klitschko vs Wach a No-Go for 2011; Wach Returns in October

The parties of Mariusz Wach and Wladimir Klitschko have decided to go different routes, with Klitschko proceeding with another opponent in
    November and Wach returning in October.

Wach (25-0, 13 KO) of North Bergen, NJ by way of Krakow, Poland is coming off his career best performance, a fourth round knockout of Kevin McBride last weekend.

Said Global Boxing CEO Mariusz Kolodziej: “We will proceed with another fight for Wach. Hopefully we can do it in 2012.”

I like Wach and I think he's better than some people say, but he needs a good win on his resume.

I hope his promoters are willing to spend whatever they need to spend so Mariusz can face a ranked contender in October. Someone like Bermaine Stiverne (WBC #4), Luis Ortiz (WBA #15) Chauncey Welliver (WBC #8, WBO #11) or Maurice Harris (IBF #9) might be available.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      I like Wach and I think he's better than some people say, but he needs a good win on his resume.

I hope his promoters are willing to spend whatever they need to spend so Mariusz can face a ranked contender in October. Someone like Bermaine Stiverne (WBC #4), Luis Ortiz (WBA #15) Chauncey Welliver (WBC #8, WBO #11) or Maurice Harris (IBF #9) might be available.
      I'm happy to see him get more time to develop. But all the b*tching and moaning on here about him was a bit much.

A fight with him and Stiverne wouldn't be a bad idea.

The question is: who is Wlad going to fight?

I still think it should be Dimitrenko.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
        I'm happy to see him get more time to develop. But all the b*tching and moaning on here about him was a bit much.

A fight with him and Stiverne wouldn't be a bad idea.

The question is: who is Wlad going to fight?

I still think it should be Dimitrenko.
        Yes, Dimitrenko would be the best choice for November, then Arreola early in 2012.

And after that Wlad will have mandatories he'll need to fight to keep his belts.
        Last edited by The Hammer; 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

IMO, the perfect matchup for him is against David Haye.

If Wach can handle Haye better than Wlad did, people will take notice and consider him as more of a worthy challenger to the title, and for Haye it's a chance to comeback from a boring loss to prove he can still compete with the giant heavyweights.

Wach vs Haye: Make it happen!

Comment

Put him in there with Seth Mitchell so we can see him knocked out and forget about a Wlad fight.

Comment

I'm glad this isn't happening as this was a epic mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                I'm glad this isn't happening as this was a epic mismatch.
                The first time I saw Wach on FNF I literally LOL'd at how sloppy and slow he was.

As a sports gambler who wins a lot of money betting boxing he is one of those guys where I said to myself instantly "as soon as he steps up I will bet against him cause he is getting killed"

Beating up a fat bum like Kevin McBride does not impress me, I would give myself a dencent shot against McBride as I am at least in shape and athletic.

Mike Mollo knocked out McBride in much more impressive fashion years agp bnefore McBride was completely washed up and I don't remember anyone saying Mollo deserved a world title shot.

In fact Seth Mitchell is fighting Mollo and the dumb **** Euro posters on here are crying about a mismatch and how soft Mitchell's record is even though he is going to fight the man who destroyed Wach's biggest win.

Wach is not even fit to carry the jockstrap of a guy like Lamon Brewster or Sergei Lyakovich who were 2 of the weakest Heavyweight Champs of recent memory.

Comment

Thank fack for that.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
                    IMO, the perfect matchup for him is against David Haye.

If Wach can handle Haye better than Wlad did, people will take notice and consider him as more of a worthy challenger to the title, and for Haye it's a chance to comeback from a boring loss to prove he can still compete with the giant heavyweights.

Wach vs Haye: Make it happen!
                    I'm all for it.

The WACH AND ROLL EXPRESS is just getting started!
                    Last edited by ChopperRead; 08-05-2011, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X