No announcement yet.

Ajose Olusegun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ajose Olusegun

I saw Olusegun for the first time last night against Nigel Wright. I'd heard lots of good things about him so I was happy that I'd finally get to see him in action. Wright had his number in the first half of the fight but appeared to run out of steam.

The commentators said he's not as good as he thinks he is. I agree in that he has a lot to work on before he can fight on the world stage. I heard he reckons he could take Hatton/Witter, obviously not on last nights showing.

What do you guys think? Colin Lynes next perhaps?

Olusegun was sloppy to begin with but I think he proved that he was much better than Wright when it came down to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Gorgon View Post
      I saw Olusegun for the first time last night against Nigel Wright. I'd heard lots of good things about him so I was happy that I'd finally get to see him in action. Wright had his number in the first half of the fight but appeared to run out of steam.

The commentators said he's not as good as he thinks he is. I agree in that he has a lot to work on before he can fight on the world stage. I heard he reckons he could take Hatton/Witter, obviously not on last nights showing.

He just had a bad start, He normally performs a lot better than that. I think that the fight will be good for him he needed a tough fight and should learn a lot from it, people might be more willing to fight him now as well.

Comment

i thought Wight lost the fight cause he did'nt do what his corner told him to hold the centre of the ring he let Olusegun back him up in the 2nd half of the fight ,that IMO is why Olusegun was able to turn the tide

Comment

Originally posted by divad View Post
          i thought Wight lost the fight cause he did'nt do what his corner told him to hold the centre of the ring he let Olusegun back him up in the 2nd half of the fight ,that IMO is why Olusegun was able to turn the tide
          In hindsight that's just about right. But I thought that Wright was knackered which is probably why he didn't execute what the corner was telling him to do.

You think Olusegun could be on the world stage within the next 18 months/2 years?

Comment

In hindsight that's just about right. But I thought that Wright was knackered which is probably why he didn't execute what the corner was telling him to do.

You think Olusegun could be on the world stage within the next 18 months/2 years?
            its only the 2nd time ive seen him but he looked out of ideas against Wright & Wright did'nt do an awfulll lot to offeset him IMO so i would question his adaptability for one

apparently his chin is'nt the best & we saw a little bit if that when Wright had him rocking when he walked into a left hook ,i am not that imprssed with him to be honest ,i think John Fewkes & Paul Appleby,Kevin Mitchell , are good prosepcts though

Comment

Originally posted by divad View Post
              its only the 2nd time ive seen him but he looked out of ideas against Wright & Wright did'nt do an awfulll lot to offeset him IMO so i would question his adaptability for one

apparently his chin is'nt the best & we saw a little bit if that when Wright had him rocking when he walked into a left hook ,i am not that imprssed with him to be honest ,i think John Fewkes & Paul Appleby,Kevin Mitchell , are good prosepcts though
              Looking forward to Mitchell v Johanssen. Should be a good fight. Again, only seen these guys fight once (Torres & Gomez respectively) and I reckon Mitchell will beat Johansen (sp?)

I read elsewhere that Olusegun's mentor was Oyebola and that's affected him quite a bit, perhaps that's the reason for the poor preparation. I'd like to see him fight Lynes though.

Comment

Looking forward to Mitchell v Johanssen. Should be a good fight. Again, only seen these guys fight once (Torres & Gomez respectively) and I reckon Mitchell will beat Johansen (sp?)

I read elsewhere that Olusegun's mentor was Oyebola and that's affected him quite a bit, perhaps that's the reason for the poor preparation. I'd like to see him fight Lynes though.
                i think he would struggle big time against Lynes

Lynes is a man who uses the Jab exclusively as his primary punch ,we saw a against Wright how badly Olusegun struggles with a fighter who is gonna stick the jab in his face he ran out of ideas in that fight

Lynes would keep him on Jab all night long IMO Lynes can keep his workrate up for 12 rounds aswell ,Olusegun would have to Ko Lynes cause i cant see him outpointing Lynes ,No way

Comment

i think it was more to do with the southpaw stance.

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun View Post
                    i think it was more to do with the southpaw stance.
                    i think you are right on reflection , i still think Lynes jab would trouble him if they ever fought he would have to ko Lynes to win IMO ,Lynes is nothing special infact i think he is quite methodical but he is a tight & comapct puncher who uses the jab well ,has good fitness & does'nt take to many chances ,he is well disciplined to stick to a game plan

Comment

Working...
                    X