Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will the WEC lightweights do in the UFC Lightweight mix?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will the WEC lightweights do in the UFC Lightweight mix?

This has really been on my mind lately. I definitely think the WEC fighters are more exciting but are they as skilled & talented? I think some are & some of their big names won't do much. How do you think they will do in the UFC Lightweight division now?

The biggest difference in my eyes right now is the wrestlers. The WEC guys were mostly athletic and scrappy looking to finish fights. You got some big ass Lightweight wrestlers in the UFC who will just straight up hold you down and grind it out for 3 rounds.

Pettis is only 23 and has a long promising career ahead of him IMO. He's like the Jon Jones at 155 but obviously not as dominant but as skilled, talented, unorthodox and promising potential wise. He could be champ one day in my eyes but he definitely needs to get his wrestling defense strong against guys like Guida & Maynard. I feel the same way about Henderson except he more fundamental and orthodox. Cerrone I think will be like a Kenny Florian-Chris Lytle mix. As talented as Kenny but won't be champ because of the wrestlers, but like Chris Lytle will be a constant fight of the night/year caliber guy who you always will love to watch if you always love a good old scrap.

Thank God Jamie Varner's cry baby ass got choked out.

Not very well. That's why they were seperate en****** in the first place.

Jamie Varner was a champion in the WEC and he couldn't even amass a winning record in the UFC.

There may be a few who do well and couple others that stick around, but overall, there will probably end up being a lot of cuts.

Comment

Working...
    X