"Water problems in CA. "

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    How do you pay for it?

Y'alls State already ranks #1 in total State debt.

You guys need to be finding things to cut, not running up even more debt giving away even more taxpayer-funded goodies.
    Why?

California, were it to be a standalone nation, would have the 5th or 6th largest economy in the world.

Pay for it however they pay for it (the actual increase that could get through the legislature is far smaller than people think, and bond financing goes on to the ballot), it is still a capital project expenditure that has clear and tangible benefits to much of the whole state.

Housing the homeless who want to be housed eliminates most of the homelessness problem (and the issues that come with that) and filling the housing shortage lessons the amount of take-home pay percentage that is set aside to keep the roof over one's head.

Add that to the various transit projects (the extension of BART to San Jose would basically link all of the population centers of NorCal to be within a 2hr/$10 ride of each other; and there's still the high speed rail project, which has dreams of making SF-to-LA a three hour trip) and California is investing the resources needed to lead the next 50/100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Why?

California, were it to be a standalone nation, would have the 5th or 6th largest economy in the world.

Pay for it however they pay for it (the actual increase that could get through the legislature is far smaller than people think, and bond financing goes on to the ballot), it is still a capital project expenditure that has clear and tangible benefits to much of the whole state.

Housing the homeless who want to be housed eliminates most of the homelessness problem (and the issues that come with that) and filling the housing shortage lessons the amount of take-home pay percentage that is set aside to keep the roof over one's head.

Add that to the various transit projects (the extension of BART to San Jose would basically link all of the population centers of NorCal to be within a 2hr/$10 ride of each other; and there's still the high speed rail project, which has dreams of making SF-to-LA a three hour trip) and California is investing the resources needed to lead the next 50/100 years.
      You do know Cali is broke right?

Yeah the 30 billion dollar train that lead to 100 billion so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Affordable housing would be highly beneficial if it were focused on the lower "working" middle class but I have a feeling the housing being purposed is going to bring back the "projects."

The homeless walking around the streets all over Ca either need to be housed in drug rehabs, mental wards, or prison. I always open my wallet for a drunk, hype, or tweaker that ask for a buck but I acknowledge most of these people on the street aren't some hard luck people. Most of the homeless walking around Ca are druggies. The hard luck families living on the streets are few and far between.

I do have family members though that work hard and play by the rules that could never afford a home in southern Ca and I would love to see affordable homes for them. I am sure there are tons of those families around.
        Gavin Newsome isn't going to push project housing, the State Legislature is unlikely to command the support for project housing, and California voters are unlikely to support a bond proposition for project housing.

That's just the reality in the state that folks miss.

The only way Newsome's plan earnestly has a chance, is if it's packaged as a housing bill that is to address the working folks who view "the rent is too damn high" (while quietly setting aside 40%-50% of the package to help the homeless).

SF, Oakland, San Jose, Los Angeles, San Diego, and every urban center with projects in the works/planned will come forward, the affordable housing chunk of the project will be locked in, and the development will go underway (with the state government backing the builders where when the no-build folks fight the effort).

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
          You're such a joke Im not even going to respond. The links speak for themselves. Have a good day.
          It's not my fault that you somehow think that building new housing units of going to, somehow, lead to a massive influx of new cars on the roads, lol.

Comment

You do know Cali is broke right?

Yeah the 30 billion dollar train that lead to 100 billion so far?
            Would rather be in California than anywhere else you lay your head in, lol.

Comment

What water problems? Nestle was given a permit to keep pumping millions of gallons out of California to sell as bottled water.

Everything must be fine.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...628-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                What water problems? Nestle was given a permit to keep pumping millions of gallons out of California to sell as bottled water.

Everything must be fine.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...628-story.html
                I'm so confused. Dems say we're in a drought and that why we're having all the fires. Then they do this lol.

Comment

I'm so confused. Dems say we're in a drought and that why we're having all the fires. Then they do this lol.
                  I hope you'll learn to look beyond "Dems vs Repubs" some day.

Both parties are stooges for the money men behind the scenes that are fucking up the world.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    I hope you'll learn to look beyond "Dems vs Repubs" some day.

Both parties are stooges for the money men behind the scenes that are fucking up the world.
                    Oh I do, I just follow the party protecting my rights that I have.

Yes, they are all dirty and will do or say whatever it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      Why?

That's alot of words, but no answer.

Again, you already rank #1 in State debt, irregardless of how big your economy is.

You can't keep piling on more and more debt with more new government gimme programs. Its unsustainable.

It's not about what you bring in, its about what you spend. You gotta spend less than you bring in.

You're already spending more than you bring in, and now you propose to add a new government goodie giveaway program.

So again, how do you pay for this new giveaway?

Comment

Working...
                      X