Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin Battle To a Split Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG vs Canelo Bull**** Decision | (Warning Explicit Mother****ing Language)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DgoTFV7HQ4

Comment

• First time poster here. Signed up for an account after several months of lurking. Would have continued lurking, but I just had to comment on the several posts here screaming about "racism".

Look, if "racism" is your best argument against the people who saw a clear GGG win, you have some serious issues and your worldview is sadly completely backwards. In a sport dominated by minorities, with fighters coming in all shapes and sizes, colors and backgrounds, from literally all corners of the world, it is an insult to the collective intelligence to boil a boxing disagreement down to racism.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

I give GGG props for walking out lookin like that without shades. I wouldn't have the balls to do it.
        hat are you talking bout willis?

he just came out of a 12 round fight with what appears to be no swelling and minor bruising on one of his eye lids. Whats there to be embarrassed about. Seems like hes trying to poke at the decision and canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
          hat are you talking bout willis?

he just came out of a 12 round fight with what appears to be no swelling and minor bruising on one of his eye lids. Whats there to be embarrassed about. Seems like hes trying to poke at the decision and canelo.

it looks like he is hiding one of his shoes inside his mouth

personally, I always thought it was silly to comment on how a fighter looked after a brutal 12 round contest

that is not how you score a fight

I guess the casual tards now agree with me on that

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            me neither

and you're right, I have always preferred skilled boxers over punchers

I respect skills more than power, especially when that power was largely ineffective over the course of 12 rounds because of the skills

no big deal

Golovkin was very lucky imo, leaving it in the judges hands with a skilled opponent like Canelo
            You're out of control, lol.

Golovkin is a boxer, not a puncher, he's a complete fighter.

The better fighter is Golovkin in every facet.

Lucky? You need to watch more fights. Canelo wasn't effective in anything he did that night, in no way is he a better boxer, or fighter for that matter. He was surviving half the night. Golovkin stalked him, cutting the ring off, and landing almost at will. Golovkin landed more jabs, by a lot in fact, and you call his opponent the better boxer? That makes zero sense. Zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Lucky? You need to watch more fights. Canelo wasn't effective in anything he did that night, in no way is he a better boxer, or fighter for that matter. He was surviving half the night. Golovkin stalked him, cutting the ring off, and landing almost at will. Golovkin landed more jabs, by a lot in fact, and you call his opponent the better boxer? That makes zero sense. Zero.
              Only ward's jabs count

Comment

Better fighter?

Jeez GGG probably edged it

But some of you guys are exaggerating what happened that night

Comment

jeezus did you just call me out of control

that supposed killer could not even dent the fat red kid

Canelo is a much more well-rounded fighter than Golovkin

and he is getting better every single fight

dude.....

Canelo is not the guy who is crying about his opponents style

regardless as to you think won..... one guy came out of that fight with more shine than he had going in, and one guy did not

Comment

• People calling this a robbery need to start actually thinking about what they are talking about. A robbery is 118-110 Canelo, yes but that was one card and the other two were razor thin, which is what the fight was.

After multiple viewings, I can't see how anyone in their right mind can give GGG 8 rounds, and If you give him more than 8 your as disgraceful as Byrd. Canelo was the aggressor and for the most part controlled the first 6 rounds barring pockets of sustained advance from GGG, but there is reason it was only in pockets, and that is Canelo power shots. I'm not saying Canelo won all six I'm just saying his boxing style was the dominant one. I think 4 was really close, I think 6 was also. 7-9 GGG clearly was the better fighter, but this is where Canelo was still having pockets of success.

Those pointing out punch stats, they bare out exactly how really the fight really played out. GGG landed around 40 more punches, mostly jabs. On the flip side he missed 150 more punches than Canelo. I don't think anyone coming into this fight thought Canelo would be the one out jabbing GGG, also Canelo out landed power shots by a few, but the telling stat there is percentage. He landed almost 10 percent more, the punch stats bare out what the fight was, which was Canlelo letting GGG swing away with the jab, making him miss, and countering with power shot effectively. I had the fight 114-114, I can see 115-113 either way. I honestly think anyone with an ounce of scoring knowledge and an ounce of boxing knowledge who have this 116-112 for either guy, after objectively watching it and aren't hard on the jock of one guy or the other is absurd.
                    Last edited by Passion Dean; 09-21-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

This absolute rubbish. To say GGG is better in every facet, is simply a complete jock riding statement. You can look at at the 1st 3 rounds and tell. GGG had landed one type of punch - The jab. Canleo had out landed him with body punches 14-0, landed more power shots, and had made him miss a lot.

GGG does two things better than Canelo, work off his jab and cut off the ring. Canelo is a much more complete boxer. Not to say GGG isn't great in what he does, but his game plan is a simple one. Work off the jab, cut off the ring, and pressure his opponent into an area where he can have success throwing power punches. It's not rocket science. Canelo is the much more slick, refined fighter. His waiste movement is exceptional and his ability to make one miss and counter is as good as any one in boxing.

Yes, there are things GGG does better than Canelo, but there are also things Canelo does better than GGG. To say GGG is better in every facet is complete and utter BS!!!
                      Last edited by Passion Dean; 09-21-2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X