No announcement yet.

Fedor destroyed Ishii

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    Strap on a pair of gloves or role on a mat for a bit and then talk to me.

I don't like to brag about it, but I have competed in a number of combat sports, including boxing, wrestling, judo, jiu jitsu, and no-gi grappling, and spent most of my life so far doing it. You are just a typical TUF newbie who doesn't know your ass from your elbow.
    Oh I remember you now haha. You're the tough guy who trains UFC yet has time to flame in net wars. Everybody's a badass fighter on the net. Get over yourself.

Comment

I don't believe in talking truth to ignorance, some people can't be swayed, and I don't have time or patience for that, so be bliss.

"But I guess all he had to do was crush a few cans, and you're back on the bandwagon huh?"

I am not "back on the bandwagon". I don't care if Fedor takes 10 losses against straight cans, that won't change what he has done, and I would never change my stance on his career. Nevertheless, he is in my estimation still indeed a world class fighter, who could hang with anybody in the world, bar none.

"You're not talking to no hater here. Fedor is the HW GOAT and the legit top guy of the 00s, but not anymore. He is past his prime. See I'm saying he's past his prime, not EXPOSED or whatever real haters say. So don't try that game with me. I'm no hater i'm a realist unlike you."

I never accused you of being a hater. I accused you of being an ignorant person who doesn't know your ass from your elbow. And you continue to support my case with your ignorant posting.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
        Oh I remember you now haha. You're the tough guy who trains UFC yet has time to flame in net wars. Everybody's a badass fighter on the net. Get over yourself.
        No, I am not a badass, and would never conduct myself as one. Doing so only brings trouble, really.

But you see, there are certain things you learn if you actually engage in sport, instead of just watching it on TV and browsing internet forums.

Comment

I don't believe in talking truth to ignorance, some people can't be swayed, and I don't have time or patience for that, so be bliss.

"But I guess all he had to do was crush a few cans, and you're back on the bandwagon huh?"

I am not "back on the bandwagon". I don't care if Fedor takes 10 losses against straight cans, that won't change what he has done, and I would never change my stance on his career. Nevertheless, he is in my estimation still indeed a world class fighter, who could hang with anybody in the world, bar none.

"You're not talking to no hater here. Fedor is the HW GOAT and the legit top guy of the 00s, but not anymore. He is past his prime. See I'm saying he's past his prime, not EXPOSED or whatever real haters say. So don't try that game with me. I'm no hater i'm a realist unlike you."

I never accused you of being a hater. I accused you of being an ignorant person who doesn't know your ass from your elbow. And you continue to support my case with your ignorant posting.
          Yeah leave out the most important part of my post and nitpick what you want to respond to. If you don't want to debate, then don't even respond or instigate stuff. You don't know what you're talking about and I showed it with our little back and forth.

Comment

No, I am not a badass, and would never conduct myself as one. Doing so only brings trouble, really.

But you see, there are certain things you learn if you actually engage in sport, instead of just watching it on TV and browsing internet forums.
            The moment you're gonna talk about how you train and because of that, the other poster's argument is invalid, you lose all credibilty. Like I said, this is the internet. If you want to drag it out of me, I'm Dutch, and I doubt you are aware of how popular kickboxing is here, but whatever. I do train, but it's meaningless and I won't mention it if I'm losing an argument like you do.

Comment

Yeah leave out the most important part of my post and nitpick what you want to respond to. If you don't want to debate, then don't even respond or instigate stuff. You don't know what you're talking about and I showed it with our little back and forth.
              I told you, I wasn't going to take you seriously and am not. Hence I nitpicked. No, I am not interest in having a debate with you, as I would first need to respect your "opinions" first (in quotations because I don't even think what you type reflects your own original thought, it probably reflects what you read at a place like Sherdog). Hence the nitpicking, as you put it. You don't know what you're talking about, which is why you parrot the same stuff that is parroted everywhere else. It isn't as though it is not obvious to anyone who knows something.

Comment

Nodogoshi is boss, the guy knows his stuff.

Zombies everywhere should run and turtle up like their hero Brock.

Comment

I told you, I wasn't going to take you seriously and am not. Hence I nitpicked.
                  Then you should have never responded or instigated. I think you're affraid to admit that you DID try but you failed. This subject seems to be an emotional matter to you, and the extremely harsh reality of Fedor's last few fights are too much to handle.

No, I am not interest in having a debate with you, as I would first need to respect your "opinions" first (in quotations because I don't even think what you type reflects your own original thought, it probably reflects what you read at a place like Sherdog). Hence the nitpicking, as you put it. You don't know what you're talking about, which is why you parrot the same stuff that is parroted everywhere else. It isn't as though it is not obvious to anyone who knows something.
                  You know why you've heard the same things before? Because they're TRUE. Fedor IS in fact past his prime. He DID lose 3 in a row by stoppage. He DID get KTFO by a man a weightclass below him. He did get outstruck standing by a guy who got ktfo in his next fight. he did just beat 2 guys who are far from top 10 or even top 20.

These are all facts. Perhaps I could present them to you in a more 'sensitive' manner, but it's still the truth. All you've done is say "oh you're just repeating sherdog stuff". if that's all you're gonna say then why even say anything at all. it just makes you look foolish.
                  Btw the only reason I'm saying this is to respond to talks of Fedor still being the best in the world.

Comment

Then you should have never responded or instigated. I think you're affraid to admit that you DID try but you failed. This subject seems to be an emotional matter to you, and the extremely harsh reality of Fedor's last few fights are too much to handle.

You know why you've heard the same things before? Because they're TRUE. Fedor IS in fact past his prime. He DID lose 3 in a row by stoppage. He DID get KTFO by a man a weightclass below him. He did get outstruck standing by a guy who got ktfo in his next fight. he did just beat 2 guys who are far from top 10 or even top 20.

These are all facts. Perhaps I could present them to you in a more 'sensitive' manner, but it's still the truth. All you've done is say "oh you're just repeating sherdog stuff". if that's all you're gonna say then why even say anything at all. it just makes you look foolish.
                    Btw the only reason I'm saying this is to respond to talks of Fedor still being the best in the world.
                    It isn't an emotional attachment, although it is somewhat reflective of the fact that Fedor has been so denigrated from so many angles, though in particular originating with the USA MMA establishment (i.e. Zuffa) to the extent that people hate on him for no real reason, other than Dana White said to, essentially. This was going on well before his losses, and people wanted to see him lose. A fight is a fight, and stuff happens in a fight. I don't care if Hendo is a LHW, and I am not saying I would favor him against any top heavyweight, Fedor included (in a rematch--let me rephrase that, I think Fedor would kill him if they fought again). And I love Dan Henderson. What I will say, is Henderson could connect against any heavyweight and likely put him out. The guy has got prodigious power in his fists. In reality, Fedor had knocked Henderson down and rushed in for a kill, and Hendo (the 2x Olympic wrestler) pulled a very nifty move to capture Fedor's back, and from there hit him with a perfect shot which Fedor clearly never could have seen coming, to knock Fedor onto his face (though he was never out, but it wasn't necessarily a bad stoppage). I give Henderson all the props in the world, and that was a huge accomplishment. The guy has never been knocked out, and has defeated a perennial who's who of absolute legends across 3 weight divisions.

My whole point has been that Fedor still has the ability to be a top fighter, and he is still a world class fighter. But the way that the sport is reported on, and thereby presented to the public, is so heavily pro-Zuffa biased that there is little legitimate discussion which even goes on, and people repeat the same things over and over again, regardless of any merit.

The way that you present things like the Henderson fight (not the fight itself, the way you present it) is very reflective of a shallow knowledge of combat sports. A fight is a fight, and a fight is not fought on paper. On fight night, we had a 206 pound man and a 219 pound man squaring off. Sounds pretty fair to me. Hendo pulled off a phenomenal victory, and deserves all of his due credit. Saying things like "Fedor got defeated by a LHW who wouldn't defeat another top HW (some would say he's a MW)" just makes you look like a ******. I say it again, did you come up with that yourself, or are you just parroting what you read somewhere else, where it was being parroted from somewhere else? No need to answer, as we already know what the answer is.

And of course I know that kickboxing is popular in Holland. Who doesn't know that. I have also been to Holland, twice. I was there 8 months ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X