Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG Was Black American Boxer....... Would He Be More Popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
    Seeing how spence is already p4p on every black guy's list including atlas and he's never faced a top 10 ranked fighter in his weight class then yes he would be p4p number 1.
    Spence has been on the scene for how long?

GGG has been a pro for over 10 years now and their quality of opposition is very similar. If anything GGG is the one overhyped if we're looking at it purely from what have you done as opposed to talent.

****** comparison tbh
    Last edited by Biolink; 02-16-2017, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
      How do you figure? We have a HW w/ a ton of KO's, a belt and isn't more popular than ggg at this very moment. If Wilder isn't a superstar or even much a star, what makes you think ggg would be?

Unless he tags Floyd's name to him, then maybe he'd be a bit better known
      This answer basically rips this thread to shreds and puts all the "if he was white/black" paranoia to rest. It's all about charisma.

Comment

Spence's resume is dog **** and he's p4p in many people's eyes because he's black.
        Errol Spence Jr was America's best amateur fighter out of the 2012 Olympics, Spence has an apparent earned boxing reputation of beating the **** out of established fighters in gym wars, and Spence has sawed through every fighter he's ever been put in with.

He's got the look of being a potential p4p #1 fighter, so folks having him at the tail end of their rankings isn't unheard of.

Come the end of May, Errol Spence Jr has the opportunity to prove if the hype is real or not; if he buzz-saws through Kell Brook, Spence is on the fast track to the top.

Gennady Golovkin won his silver medal in 2004, and has been basically fighting at a level not much beyond where Errol Spence is for the last 13 years!

Don't fool yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          Spence has been on the scene for how long?

GGG has been a pro for over 10 years now and their quality of opposition is very similar. If anything GGG is the one overhyped if we're looking at it purely from what have you done as opposed to talent.

****** comparison tbh
          Hey dumb**** you just proved my point. The fact that spence is new onto the scene with a worse resume and is already on the p4p list by many just shows how hyped ggg would be if he was black. Great self ownage.

Comment

I wouldn't care about that, i'd still be a fan. Sure GGG has his flaws but he is an entertaining fighter and I enjoy watching his fights. I'm not sure why race always comes up when GGG is mentioned, very strange.

Comment

No he wouldn't. Wilder has the same knockout power and all he gets on this forum is flak.

Comment

Hey dumb**** you just proved my point. The fact that spence is new onto the scene with a worse resume and is already on the p4p list by many just shows how hyped ggg would be if he was black. Great self ownage.
                He's on one person's p4p list. A person who is always desperate for attention and does **** like that so people talk about him. Since when is one person "many?"

Stop being so damn sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  Audley - Haye made everyone stand up and realise they were getting mugged off for the content they were getting.

The quality of the boxing doesnt deserve the price tag right now, especially where Hearn is concerned.

IDGAF if the undercard has 10 fights on it, if only one of them is decent and the ME is one sided as ****, it isnt worth £16.95.

But when you have 450,000 idiots who only got into boxing because they watched us do well in the last two olympics, its easy money.

Ive been to the 02 for a matchroom card, and just listening to the general conversations behing held around me, i estimate 80% of the people there, didnt know 75% of the boxers on the card.

PPV in the UK is in the ****ing toilet.
                  True that. The casuals are keeping this rubbish going. I credit Joshua because it's him who's pushed for Klitschko. I imagine he couldve fought twenty more cab drivers with Eddie's blessing and do very well.

Comment

Working...
                  X