No announcement yet.

People counting Danny out are crazy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People counting Danny out are crazy

As a Thurman fan, I'm worried about how the usual 'he ducking coward doe' crowd are all saying Thurman is going to take Garcia out with ease, how Garcia is scared, was forced to take the fight and whatnot. The usual suspects really, the same people who are saying Ward is scared of Kova, Thurman was scared of Porter, Danny was scared of Matthysse etc, these guys are almost always wrong.

This is no doubt extra motivation for Garcia and we've seen him beat the odds before. It feels like deja vu.

I'm picking Thurman to win a close fight, but it's far from a sure thing. This is as close to a 50-50 fight as you can get.

Danny Garcia can fight.

It's going to be a great fight. Danny's recent opposition isn't anything to get excited over but he has the IT factor in these types of fights. We've seen it before. I, as well, am picking Thurman by decision but I'm not dismissing Danny's chances of winning whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
      It's going to be a great fight. Danny's recent opposition isn't anything to get excited over but he has the IT factor in these types of fights. We've seen it before. I, as well, am picking Thurman by decision but I'm not dismissing Danny's chances of winning whatsoever
      Regardless of who wins I have no doubt it's gonna be an explosive, action packed fight. People need to look past Danny's joke opposition of late and remember he's beaten some top fighters, you don't suddenly forget how to fight after taking a few tune up fights.

Comment

Garcia fights like a man possessed when he's the underdog! Totally different fighter to when he's favoured to win!

Knows how to throw sneaky body shots

Comment

Danny is a great fighter, but he doesn't have the same power he had at 140, I'm picking Thurman by stoppage

Comment

Fan of both of them and I've always said Garcia had the style to take Thurman out, Garcia is the one guy you can't jump on recklessly.

Comment

I expect Danny Garcia to play the role of boxer/counter puncher in this fight because there's no way he stops or worse let alone even hurt Keith Thurman in this fight. I can envision him picking and choosing his spots very carefully, with quick single counters, combination punching and subtle foot movement.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                Regardless of who wins I have no doubt it's gonna be an explosive, action packed fight. People need to look past Danny's joke opposition of late and remember he's beaten some top fighters, you don't suddenly forget how to fight after taking a few tune up fights.
                In a perfect world, I would love to see both guys get rocked, hit the canvas and fight it out in the final round to take it all. Both have the power, but I think Danny, for whatever reason, has the better chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  Fan of both of them and I've always said Garcia had the style to take Thurman out, Garcia is the one guy you can't jump on recklessly.
                  Yep, I hope Thurman uses his legs in this fight and forces Danny to be the aggressor (which isn't ideal for him), Thurman is way too wild and reckless when he's the aggressor. The problem is Thurman only moves when a fighter is trying to get inside him (Bundu, Collazo) so I don't see him moving much in this one, he couldn't move much against Porter because Porter's too quick on his feet and closes the gap quickly, so Thurman had to bite down and fight.

I think this fight could be a bit similar to the Chaves fight, Chaves is a very solid, non-aggressive counter-puncher like Danny, although his counter hand is his right, Danny's is his left.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    I expect Danny Garcia to play the role of boxer/counter puncher in this fight because there's no way he stops or worse let alone even hurt Keith Thurman in this fight. I can envision him picking and choosing his spots very carefully, with quick single counters, combination punching and subtle foot movement.
                    Garcia is one of the best and most consistent body punchers in the sport and Thurman has shown more than a little vulnerability in that area. I think he gets hurt in this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X