Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nacho Beristain: "Golovkin could destroy the career of Canelo...even retire him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    1) So: you compare the "Soviet school" with the Argentinian? Funny: To be more specific: did you watch the manner in which Postol dispatched Matthysse?

2) Of course: because 'big guys' as, for instance, Jermall Charlo or Demetrius Andrade are afraid to go north and somehow face Golovkin.
    You mean the "PED school". Isn't Russia having a big PED ring bust out there.

Comment

Keep this video away from Billy Joe Saunders and Danny Jacobs.

Comment

Nacho Beristain 2015: Pacquiao will destroy Mayweather

By the time Canelo and GGG do actually fight, I suspect Canelo will be more than ready.

Comment

Though, Canelo doesn't fight Golovkin next, at the new Vegas arena. And precisely who will make Ganelo even better for Golovkin "at some point" (you all call 160 as being weak)?
          It's not about fighting anyone good enough to make him better, it's about fighting actual MW's to get him used to fighting guys that size, ranked at top in that weight. MW is a weak division, no denying it. Give me a year to train, i'd be a top 10 MW and GGG's next bum opponent. His fans would be like "He beat Kev doe, he's pretty good."

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            You mean the "PED school". Isn't Russia having a big PED ring bust out there.
            You're so weak, doe... They're all on PEDs and you know that...

... And I'm not either Russian or "Soviet"... I'm only having a good time watching your U.S (and American) guys and you the fans (as well) being terrified when it comes to fighting a "Soviet school" top product.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

By the time Canelo and GGG do actually fight, I suspect Canelo will be more than ready.
              ... you mean like 2018, right?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Nacho Beristain 2015: Pacquiao will destroy Mayweather

Agreed. I think GGG's power will be difference. I expect Canelo to be ready. He just frustrated me with the 155lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                  Why do ppl say he will end his career? I mean he'll lose and get battered, but why that he'd be done or retire after? Fighters of lesser caliber than Canelo have come back and challenge for titles, so?

Lou Dibella said the same thing, something like: it'll destroy a young career.

because of his style. he's not just some random pucnher whose only hope is to eventually withsomething big and put you out quickly.

he uses his jab and does precise, clinical damage. it usually takes several rounds. durable guys, which canelo is, are exhausted and figured out by the time the beating starts to take place. that kind of beating has a serious effect on a career.

think ouma. guy lasted 11 rounds, iirc, but ended up in the hospital. never fought a meaningful fight again, and was laid off for 2 years before he got back into 6 rounders [and went 1-1 ]

Comment

... you mean like 2018, right?
                    Probably. After the rematch of the fixed Cotto-Canelo fight, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
                      Agreed. I think GGG's power will be difference. I expect Canelo to be ready. He just frustrated me with the 155lbs.
                      Canelo prob wants more experience against bigger fighters and to settle into the weight. I'm sure they'll wanna delay a GGG fight for a while. If they were to fight today I think he gets battered.

Comment

Working...
                      X