Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its happened again! Another hyped brawler gets exposed!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basco View Post
    You are supossed to make adjusments, cut the ring, make him move in the direction you want to set him up, put him in the ropes and go to the body to take some of that movement away, etc...
    You're right. He stopped going to the body early and that was the difference imo. The body was there for the taking if Provo wanted it.

Comment

Originally posted by hoggin303 View Post
      Ruslan never has been that good. He beat a Mike Alvarado that was probably about 40% of himself. Never bought into the Ruslan hype, he's just not that good
      I agree with you. People were hyping Ruslan so much. They had him beating Marquez, even Floyd. I don't see the same fighter. I see the guy that was almost stopped by Bradley (via all the shots he was taking). I see the guy who comes forward with no real skill. He's lumbering, unskilled, and a fabrication. Sure, he's fun to watch--but he's not an elite fighter, and won't beat the elites. I won 100 bucks last night---I predicted Algieri out boxing Ruslan.

For the most part 90 percent of the people on this site buy into hype jobs over and over (Broner, Ruslan, maybe even Matthysse). Stop people, stop the insanity and learn the sport.

N

Comment

I'm pretty sure the general consensus was that Provodnikov could be outboxed. I didn't expect it to happen last night, but I figured Ruslan wouldnt have a long title run. He's still one of my favorites.

Comment

I would say Algieri is pretty good and it was a very close fight. If you didn't know Ruslan could get out boxed then I don't know what to say. The surprising thing was not Algieri having some success boxing that way, it was the fact he had sustained success mostly to the end and did not get broken down showing quality toughness dealing with the right side of his face getting wrecked on.

Watching that fight didn't make me think less of Ruslan at all.

Comment

How did he get exposed when he's already been outboxed twice? We all knew Ruslan struggled with movement before the fight was even signed.

Comment

Win, lose, or draw u r going to the hospital after fighting ruslan, algeri did what he was supposed to do, it's called boxing, using your tools to get the w

Comment

Exposed? Really? Was anyone under the impression that Provodnikov was some kind of burgeoning Willie Pep? He's called the Siberian Rocky for a reason.

Chris Algieri just boxed brilliantly and you can count me in as a converted fan of his.

#Algierian

Comment

Originally posted by Box3r View Post
                  When would we learn?
                  Exposed because he lost against a superior athlete, undefeated as boxer and kickboxer, great IQ in and outside the ring, who happens to box very well?
                  Ruslan almost finished him in round 1 and I wouldnt be surprised if he won the rematch. Having said that, in a rematch I would slightly favor Algieri having seen what he's capable of.

Comment

Ruslan is not a skilled brawler. Is a Shame to compare him to other skilled brawlers like Maidana and Matthysse. People seriously can't judge talent on this forum. Provo and Roos are the definition of one dimensional. They are just tough guys.

Comment

He already lost twice lol. You're a little late

Comment

Working...
                      X