Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do fans particularly follow fighters closer to their own physical size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also follow oscar de lay Hoya because I also look great in fishnets

Comment

No, I don't follow fighters who are my own size. I don't give a damn what size they are I just wanna watch great fighters in great fights.

Comment

Jr welter, welter, feather, jr middle, and middle. Im a heavyweight myself but I only watch heavyweight fights when im going to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Jr welter, welter, feather, jr middle, and middle. Im a heavyweight myself but I only watch heavyweight fights when im going to bed.
          Froch vs Groves has no interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Weltz View Post
            Ill be watching it. The weight class kind of fizzled out though. Froch is still good but hes fading, Ward has been exciting in his last few fights but hes decided to waste his prime in court. Kessler was my favorite but hes shot. Havent seen any exciting new blood.

Comment

You kind of potentially have a point with this...the SMW division was created to accomodate "the average man" at 11-12stone, and these big SMW clashes usually gather lots of attention and excitement from the average guy.
              Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 05-30-2014, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Been wondering whether there is some degree of truth to this. For example, do naturally smaller guys tend to more closely follow the lower divisions, while naturally bigger guys really like following heavyweight boxing? In the sense that you identify more with fighters who have closer physical dimensions to yourself.
                I'm 6'1 200 and my favorite fighters are 154 and lower

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                  You kind of potentially have a point with this...the SMW division was created to accomodate "the average man" at 11stone, and these big SMW clashes usually gather lots of attention and excitement from the average guy.
                  yeah I mean there surely will be a lot of casual fans at Wembley tomorrow night? Are you going btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                    I'm 6'1 200 and my favorite fighters 154 and lower
                    There are so many great potential match ups in the 140 to 160 range.

Comment

yeah I mean there surely will be a lot of casual fans at Wembley tomorrow night? Are you going btw?
                      Nah unfortunately not - I was going to with a friend when I heard there was still the £30 tickets available, just for the atmosphere if nothing else...but I sort of missed the boat, next cheapest ones were around £70 and I thought there would be little point to pay that for a seat where I wouldn't see anything! Next time if there's a fight at Wembley though...definitely worth going.

Comment

Working...
                      X