No announcement yet.

Just watch floyd-jmm again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post

what he said is no less stupid than larry praising a welterweight for beating a lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by KitangKatag View Post
      age is catching up to him.
      i honestly hope that isn't true.

personally, i'd want BOTH Pac and Floyd to be at their best when they fight.

Comment

Take a look at the way Marquez's body looked at 147, and take a look at Pac's at 144. Marquez obviously didn't intelligently move up in weight, and he didn't gradually do it like Pacquiao. He had only fought at lightweight twice, and that was within a 5 month period before shooting up two weight classes. His body physically isn't made for that, and it showed in how sluggish and slow he looked against Mayweather. The only thing Marquez has that's balancing it out is his great skill and intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          Running like a lil b*tch for 12 rounds is hardly dominating. .
          You and I must have been watching two different fights. Floyd busted Marquez up like nobody`s business. And I've said it before: The weight differential was almost meaningless. The difference was CLASS. Floyd woulda' whooped him at 140lbs as well. It might have been slightly closer, but a blowout none the less.

Floyd just clearly had Juan Manuel Marquez's number. JMM does best when he's able to engage. Floyd completely shut him down.

The weight differential puts a slight damper on the win for Floyd, IMO. I'd say, if it were at a neutral weight, the performance would have been about an A- for Floyd. With the weight differential though, it drops to about a B-.

Still an impressive win, IMO. To make a world-class boxer like Marquez look as bad as he did, is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
            what he said is no less stupid than larry praising a welterweight for beating a lightweight.
            True enough. You HAVE to take away from Floyd's performance for that. That being said, I don't think ANYONE expected Floyd to dominate JMM the way he did. Beat him? Of course. But like that? No way. I thought JMM would at least be able to land something. He landed NOTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
              You and I must have been watching two different fights. Floyd busted Marquez up like nobody`s business. And I've said it before: The weight differential was almost meaningless. The difference was CLASS. Floyd woulda' whooped him at 140lbs as well. It might have been slightly closer, but a blowout none the less.

Floyd just clearly had Juan Manuel Marquez's number. JMM does best when he's able to engage. Floyd completely shut him down.

The weight differential puts a slight damper on the win for Floyd, IMO. I'd say, if it were at a neutral weight, the performance would have been about an A- for Floyd. With the weight differential though, it drops to about a B-.

Still an impressive win, IMO. To make a world-class boxer like Marquez look as bad as he did, is impressive.
              so you honestly think a welterweight beating a lightweight is impressive eh? you're no different from larry then.

Comment

so you honestly think a welterweight beating a lightweight is impressive eh? you're no different from larry then.
                No. I think the manner in which it was accomplished is what was impressive.

Who knows though? Maybe Marquez was just sluggish from all the weight gain, and couldn't pull the trigger. We'll never know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
                  True enough. You HAVE to take away from Floyd's performance for that. That being said, I don't think ANYONE expected Floyd to dominate JMM the way he did. Beat him? Of course. But like that? No way. I thought JMM would at least be able to land something. He landed NOTHING.
                  floyd is indeed skilled, and it takes talent to do what he did to marquez.

but like i said. it was essentially a cat playing with a mouse. its quite entertaining actually. the way a cat plays with a mouse it cornered.

cats are incredibly skilled and could take on a cobra if need be.

but i won't praise a cat for beating a mouse.
                  Last edited by AFighter4U; 07-23-2011, 02:49 AM.

Comment

floyd jr has mad skills, no doubt about that, and is possibly the best defensive fighter out there.

but consider the situation before heaping too much praise on floyd for that fight.

floyd was the taller one with the the longer reach.

he was the younger one.

they fought AT HIS WEIGHT CLASS, even when he already was the bigger man.

he made marquez GO UP in weight, in weight class he never was before. (and yeah, i'm against Pac fighting marquez at 147 as well)

he fought HIS FIGHT, whereas marquez was forced to fight AS THE AGGRESSOR, when everyone knows marquezs' specialty is being the defensive one.

in short?

floyd had ALL THE ADVANTAGES.

and he STILL cheated at the weight. he would have STILL beaten Marquez handily and possibly just the way he did even if he didn't cheat, but i guess that's the kind of guy he is.

he won, and won by a mile. but i won't give him props for that.

i guess its all Pac's fault in a way. if he hadn't beaten dela hoya the way he did, in spite of going up in weight, the Floyd/Marquez fight would have NEVER been taken seriously.

it would have been called what it really was... a circus.

this just proves one thing about you Larry...

you're no true boxing fan. i'm a true blue pac fan and at least i don't PRETEND to be a boxing fan like you do.

Lol! praising a welterweight for basically beating a lightweight.
                    I could agree on almost all points except for one, I do give Floyd credit beating Marquez..

Comment

Floyd felts Marquez's power in the first round and realized that he couldn't hurt him. He still fought like a lil b*tch.

When asked a very relevant question by Max about why Floyd didn't make the weight even tho Marquez had to jump 2 weight classes, Floyd threw a b*tch fit and completely avoided the question. His mind was all about getting a reebok deal.

**** like that is why hes a disgrace to the sport. If he would fought Marquez at 130-35 he would've got his ass beat.

Comment

Working...
                      X