Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ebay still the best place to sell at(even though they take too much of your profit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ebay still the best place to sell at(even though they take too much of your profit

Is it the most popular website to sell at, meaning most people go on ebay to buy rare stuff that you sell? I remember selling rare stuff on ebay like 2 years ago, and Ebay pocketed a good chunk of something I sold for 1 grand. I was disappointed because it felt like Ebay thought that they deserved a great chunk of something that wasn't even theirs. I'd understand if they took like 20 bucks. But I remember them taking something like 100-plus bucks from something I sold for 1 grand.

Ebay + Paypal is becoming a joke for selling. I sold my iPhone 3GS on there not to long ago and Paypal took around £10 while ebay charged me £29 for my final value fee.

greedy bastards

Comment

For the average novice seller then Yes. I have no idea how much they charge % wise these days though, you really need to sell a lot to make anything of note.

Comment

I used to trade computers a lot and ebay/paypal were raping my profit margins so bad I simply had to stop. Their a terrible monopoliser.

www.eBid.net is quite a good alternative it just needs more people to slowly build it up instead of keep going with ebay and growing the problem.

For cars I use autotrader, piston heads, free ads.

Gum Tree, craigslists and such are good, even amazon etc.

This is an interesting site of ebay powersellers coming together to expose things and fight for a fairer market: http://www.powersellersunite.com/

Comment

Working...
        X