No announcement yet.

Mosley reveals gameplan vs Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
    He's only got 3 significant wins, Big Nog (twice) and Cro Cop...

He was scared to join UFC because he knew he would get that azz tapped...

If he's number one, then how come he isn't in the number one organization fighting the best available....

All his best wins are from half a decade ago..
    You're talking about Floyd, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
      O yea, what's this one-shot power he's talking about?

Mayweather ate up DLH's punches @ 154 4 years ago and DLH has ONE PUNCH KO power - left hook.

Mosley is going to get outclassed May 1st and I want to see his discouraged face like we've all seen. THis cheater has it coming for him.

"you ain't got to lie Craig".

Its a left hook with power, but its not a one punch KO shot.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
        Floyd has a habbit of fighting his best in his biggest fights and I'm sure we'll see Floyd at his sharpest and Shane will no doubt be on his A game.....the stage is set, bets are being placed and the 24/7 starts THIS Saturday!!!.....I'm amped up EARLY unusual.....normally I start feeling it during fight week, but this one got me watching the calendar like I'm in jail or something!!...Lol
        Well, not necessarily.

I would say that the Oscar fight was Floyd's biggest to that point, and he probably had one of his worst performances.

Question: why don't fighters come in with this type of approach"

Rounds 1-3, I'm going to pressure Floyd behind a jab. Force him back and try to get him to the ropes and dig body.

Then, rounds 4,5, 6 i will pull back. Just box. not burn myself out. Throw him a curve. I don't care if it gets boring,; but i'll be a bit more defensive and won't let him potshot me.

Then in the second half of the fight, i will re-apply a bit of pressure. Maybe circle to the opposite direction. Start using a double jab. A stiff one...

That type of thing.

Is it just that there are very few fighters who are versatile enough to GO IN with a 2-3 gameplans? And intentionally change it to keep Floyd thinking.

You have to make Floyd THINK in there. If you do the same thing over and over, he will shut you out from rounds 4 onward.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post

lol, I was thinking the same thing.

None of these kids ever heard the term, or even used prior to it being in the Hatton fight.

Suddenly, as is the case with PEDs,

they're experts on it.
          You gonna hate on Floyd no matter what, so your opinions of him doesn't mean anything.

Comment

"you ain't got to lie Craig".

Its a left hook with power, but its not a one punch KO shot.

Shane doesn't have one -punch KO power either. Not sure if Shane is reading too much of his own press.

When's the last time that Shane hurt a good boxer? Maybe a shot Vargas 2?

I don't envision Floyd eating too many of those wide, telegraphed hooks.

Comment

lol, I was thinking the same thing.

None of these kids ever heard the term, or even used prior to it being in the Hatton fight.

Suddenly, as is the case with PEDs,

they're experts on it.
              Pistol whip tapped out, so tell me just how will the Fraud be exposed? What do you think will happen May 1st?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                Shane's not a pressure fighter and I don't see him becoming one overnight...he isn't a guy that swarms you and cuts the ring off...

Of course we don't know Floyd's approach but I doubt he's gonna engage with Shane much...

Shane's better off trying to outwork Floyd and get out of range before counters and try to go into deep waters with Floyd...

All of Floyd's opponents(except Castillo) lose there head, or gameplan when it gets tough, late in the fight, or they're frustrated...

I hope Shane aint crazy enough to just be looking for KO all night long...cuz it won't come...

Shane is the toughest fighter Floyd will have stepped into the ring with though...that makes it interesting...
                I think that is exactly what you DON'T want to do. That would play into Floyds cat and mouse game that he likes to play.

I think Mosley's best chance it to TAKE CHANCES, do what DLH said was going to do but never did. Move forward and engage Mayweather as much as possible. I think Mosley can take Floyds shot, he's been hit by harder punchers, if he tried to move and hit like Floyd is going to do, he will lose easily.

Mosley must move forward and force this fight, if he doesn't it will be another sleeper with Floyd. Mosley needs to take chances.....he's 38, what does he have to lose?

Comment

This is Boxing not MMA, if you can't appreciate a guy who has mastered the fundamentals skills of his sport, then your not a real fan of that sport. He is a finest pure Boxer, if his opponent is good enough to pressure him to fight, he will and still be in control.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                    You gonna hate on Floyd no matter what, so your opinions of him doesn't mean anything.
                    What about when I say he was one of the best 130 and 135 pounders,

ever?

What about when I say he was pretty beastly back then?

Because I've said those things about him quite often.

Still doesn't mean much eh?

Or is that just "hating"?

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                      Pistol whip tapped out, so tell me just how will the Fraud be exposed? What do you think will happen May 1st?
                      "Check hook".

When did you first use it?

Comment

Working...
                      X