Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimately will have the greatest success - Shakur Stevenson or Gervanta Davis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    Why are we even comparing the 2?
    Because they are two young up and coming talented fighters in the sport? Leave the thread if you have nothing to add

Comment

You're asking this on the heels of Davis missing weight, now you'll get knee-jerk reactions. In reality Davis is a champ and he beat another champ from the underdog role. Not only beat him but stopped him and many were under the impression that Pedraza would "expose him". Stevenson has 1 pro fight and he went the distance. We don't know much about him as a pro.

I already read a bunch of knee jerk reactions in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        You're asking this on the heels of Davis missing weight, now you'll get knee-jerk reactions. In reality Davis is a champ and he beat another champ from the underdog role. Not only beat him but stopped him and many were under the impression that Pedraza would "expose him". Stevenson has 1 pro fight and he went the distance. We don't know much about him as a pro.

I already read a bunch of knee jerk reactions in this thread.
        I agree with this statement.

Comment

Stevenson! I think Pedigree and experiences like fighting way in the Brazil in the Olympic Finals in your Divisions against another GREAT young fighter in Robeisy Ramirez and also dealing with Losing those are valuable experience that is only going to help make him a GREAT fighter IMO

He will have his ups and downs though early in his career like most young fighters, the difference is not that we get to see all of their pro fights so it will be fights in which Internet Losers will label him "OVERRATED" because he didn't blow away the competition like he should've but once he put it all together he will start to make things look very EASY and dominate

Comment

Thats an honest question. Because while both have totally different styles, both have been seen as potential superstars and I'm having a hard time picking who will go the furthest in that direction if I had to guess. I guess Davis is more explosive and Shakur a little more slick, Davis more power, Shakur more speed. Both super talented so its a toss up to me with the slightest edge to Shakur.
            Last edited by richardt; 05-19-2017, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I also meant to say that this topic came up because both guys are fighting tonight and I thought about their future, how far they will go.

Comment

To me it is impossible to say because it is a matter of dedication to the game because I think both have legitimate talent. They are different types of fighters but either way can be made to work out if the will to make it so is there.

Davis has sort of made it to the top, so now we get to see his dedication does he keep working hard and getting better or does he stagnate. I don't take weight as anything important with Davis because I think he was never long for 130, it was something he could do and the opportunity was there to go down and make something happen. I think 135 is his wheelhouse class and while he doesn't really have the frame to move up far I think he could handle 135 fine.

Stevenson just started out, he has a great pedigree and has a good long lean boxing frame that could carry him through a few classes. I don't think he has great power but I think he can be an effective puncher as he breaks away from amateur habits and really starts to sit on his punches. He is just starting out though, so it will be long time until his dedication to the game is truly tested. If he starts to stagnate before then that is a very bad sign for his long term potential.

Comment

Working...
                X