No announcement yet.

**** Bernie Sanders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0ne_Capitalist View Post
    And yet he supports the vary same thing that hurts the poor and lower middle class the most...which is a 0% interest rate policy by the federal reserve. It hurts the poor with the cost of living going up due to the expansion of the money supply, and it hurts the middle class by disincentivizing them from saving...since the Krugman's and Bernie's of the world would rather have them spend, spend, spend all their money into the economy, even if they have to borrow it to do it.[/COLOR][/B]
    Incentive or no incentive, Americans don't save, they spend 20% of their income on insurance. I like anyone willing to threaten the grasp the insurance companies have on this country's money. "Socialized healthcare" includes a word our textbooks synonymize with evil and obsolete, but it beats what's coming under the ACA.

Comment

Originally posted by $mannyFresh View Post
      Incentive or no incentive, Americans don't save, they spend 20% of their income on insurance. I like anyone willing to threaten the grasp the insurance companies have on this country's money. "Socialized healthcare" includes a word our textbooks synonymize with evil and obsolete, but it beats what's coming under the ACA.
      The inflated cost of healthcare is not due to insurance companies but due to Government bureaucracy. It's like blaming the colleges/universities for the high tuition costs...even though they're raising their costs due to the govt giving out guaranteed student loans regardless of what the cost is...which the student doesn't have to worry about till after graduation, regardless of what useless major he/she chose. Sure the universities are greedy, but the govt is fueling that greed with their 'moral hazard'.

Talk to your grand parents about a more simpler time when the vast majority of treatments, procedures were out of pocket and insurance was only used in the sparingly. Leftists like Bernie can never quite see why things are the way they are. He is a reactionary. If ppl are struggling paying bills...well then it must the employer who is not paying them a high enough wage, rather then looking at the cost of living going up and why it is going up . Nominal wages have been going up for decades. Are they all keeping up with the cost of living? NO...but whose fault is that. Certainly not the employers.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
        youre a complete blithering idiot you dumb sht!
        **** u and everything you stand for

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I like Sanders & what he stands for, but there is no way he doesn't have a "stroke" or "heart attack" in office within the first year cuz the people behind the curtain don't want a guy like Sanders screwing **** up for them. Or if I'm being far too cynical there will just be a 4 to 8 year stalemate in the senate & congress & lil to nothing Sanders wants to get done will get done.

Having said all that I think if its Trump vs Sanders, Trump will win cuz he'll say some clever remark or funny joke about Sanders & win the election largely off of that cuz people are f#cking stupid & like sound bits more than real ideas, concepts & logic being put forth in this election stuff.
          God I hope you're right. The one silver lining to the idea of Sanders winning is a good old presidential assassination/cover up to go with it.

Comment

Sanders essentially lost the presidency when he gave up Hillary Clinton's emails and cowardly let BLM protesters take over his rally. Donald J. Trump is gonna whoop that @ss if he can land the nomination

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
              Sanders essentially lost the presidency when he gave up Hillary Clinton's emails and cowardly let BLM protesters take over his rally. Donald J. Trump is gonna whoop that @ss if he can land the nomination
              You're just repeating Donald Trump's statements.

Donald Trump is actually in an awful position to win the general, and that's not bias talking. His favoribility numbers with general election voters are truly abysmal, while Sanders' are net positive - unlike any other candidate running.

The email strategy you're referring to was actually quite shrewd: he actually didn't dismiss the idea that her actions could have been inappropriate, rather he made the point that while that investigation is ongoing, voters should hear the candidates' positions on the actual issues important to them.

Comment

I'm not so sure about that...I don't think they could have had a better outcome of the BLM incident than with the way they handled it...anything other would have ignited more drama and it was defused before it got ugly. Really it made BLM look very inappropriate. And his email response...or lack of...seems to have won him a lot of respect from Hillary's female supporters .

If the primary were held today, Monmouth reported that 42% of female Democratic voters in the Granite State (New Hampshire) would support Sanders, while 38% said that they'd support Clinton.

http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-...mpshire-2015-9

If he had trampled her I'm not so sure women in general would have taken to him as much. He may very well be considering her for his running mate. In any case...he obviously has come a long way since the start and I'd say clearly he is very much in the running and has not lost anything as of yet. In fact...his current momentum is obviously very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  I'm not so sure about that...I don't think they could have had a better outcome of the BLM incident than with the way they handled it...anything other would have ignited more drama and it was defused before it got ugly. Really it made BLM look very inappropriate. And his email response...or lack of...seems to have won him a lot of respect from Hillary's female supporters .

If the primary were held today, Monmouth reported that 42% of female Democratic voters in the Granite State (New Hampshire) would support Sanders, while 38% said that they'd support Clinton.

http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-...mpshire-2015-9

If he had trampled her I'm not so sure women in general would have taken to him as much. He may very well be considering her for his running mate. In any case...he obviously has come a long way since the start and I'd say clearly he is very much in the running and has not lost anything as of yet. In fact...his current momentum is obviously very strong.
                  Not only that, but IIRC it wasn't even an official Bernie Sanders rally, but an event he had been invited to speak at. Trying to come off like he owned the joint would have been a bad look.

I do disagree that Bernie is considering Hillary as a running mate, though. I don't see the two as compatible at all. Sanders most likely sees her as part of the problem, and even if by some strange chance he doesn't, huge numbers of his supporters do. He'd ruin his credibility.

I would say Elizabeth Warren is a more likely VP pick, but they may feel she's more helpful in the Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by samouraļ View Post
                    You're just repeating Donald Trump's statements.

Donald Trump is actually in an awful position to win the general, and that's not bias talking. His favoribility numbers with general election voters are truly abysmal, while Sanders' are net positive - unlike any other candidate running.

The email strategy you're referring to was actually quite shrewd: he actually didn't dismiss the idea that her actions could have been inappropriate, rather he made the point that while that investigation is ongoing, voters should hear the candidates' positions on the actual issues important to them.
                    Haha I know, I'm repeating Trump pretty much verbatim. But he's right, if Sanders was as competitive and driven as himself, he wouldn't have just let his current arch nemesis walk away from the email controversy. As far as the black lives matter take over thing, it just showed he wasn't in the right mindset to lead. Of course it was a perfect situation for Trump to brand Sanders as inherently weak but to me it just showed he isn't as committed as Hillary or Trump. I mean he tapped out.

I know Trump will land the nomination, idk whether Hillary or Bernie will win though. I'm betting it will be Hillary. Even if Sanders walks away with New Hampshire and Iowa, I think Hillary will ramp up and garner the following states like SC and so on. Sanders needs to display more strength and leadership. One thing you cannot deny about Donald is that he definitely is a towering figure of strength. Which is the reason nobody is really able to take him down or even land a significant blow.

Comment

Haha I know, I'm repeating Trump pretty much verbatim. But he's right, if Sanders was as competitive and driven as himself, he wouldn't have just let his current arch nemesis walk away from the email controversy.
                      I don't think you're getting what actually happened. Sanders never said it wasn't an issue or that she shouldn't be investigated, he said let the investigation run its course and in the meantime let's talk about substantive issues.

That was a good move, not a bad one. He gets to look like a stand-up guy who cares about the issues affecting real people, all without actually excusing her actions. Win-win.

As far as the black lives matter take over thing, it just showed he wasn't in the right mindset to lead. Of course it was a perfect situation for Trump to brand Sanders as inherently weak but to me it just showed he isn't as committed as Hillary or Trump. I mean he tapped out.
                      As I said above, it wasn't even a Sanders event. Showing up to an event that isn't all about you and having people thrown off stage wouldn't have projected "strength", and the only people to whom this is an electability issue are a tiny minority who probably wouldn't have voted for him anyway.

I know Trump will land the nomination, idk whether Hillary or Bernie will win though. I'm betting it will be Hillary. Even if Sanders walks away with New Hampshire and Iowa, I think Hillary will ramp up and garner the following states like SC and so on.
                      Trump could very well win the nomination, I'll give you that. Especially if he wins Iowa, or even if he simply finishes a close second. He'll definitely win NH.

But the momentum is with Bernie now. Clinton's leads in national polls are shrinking, her lead in Iowa is all but erased, and she's possibly falling further behind in New Hampshire. If Sanders wins both of those, all bets are off. The attention he would get could very well change things drastically in the states that follow. He's already closing the gap in Nevada.

Sanders needs to display more strength and leadership. One thing you cannot deny about Donald is that he definitely is a towering figure of strength. Which is the reason nobody is really able to take him down or even land a significant blow.
                      Sanders' style isn't about being "a towering figure of strength" or a "strong leader". It's not that he doesn't have leadership qualities, but his whole message is about creating a movement. You're trying to compare the style of two guys who are absolutely nothing alike.

You also didn't address the point that Trump is absolutely the worst possible general election candidate.

Comment

Working...
                      X